Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 18, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #11,866 of 12,595
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #11,869 of 12,595
Audiosense aq3 are basshead for me. Got them banging my ear drums nicely

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #11,872 of 12,595
KPE is mediocre and one tone?! I have to say you might need more power?!

I have more than enough power and various sources. Listen to something with different sized drums, traditional drums and bass lines. KPE is nothing to write home about. I feel like way too many people here listen to synthetic bass or simple drums and think it's good cause it goes low. Way too many IEMs recommended for good bass around here just don't cut it for natural bass instruments. Bass timbre doesn't seem to be getting much consideration.

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #11,874 of 12,595
Hi all,

I'm looking for a basshead reccomendation for daily use on the train, so I need something without a vent, as isolation and minimal sound leakage are important to me

I'm currently using Campfire Audio Atlas, and although they sound nice, they lack the impact my Sony wi-1000x have, which unfortunately don't go loud enough for me and respond poorly to amping.

Typical genres : electronic (dnb/psytrance/dubstep), with some rock from time to time

Example of song
(bass starts about 1:15)

Source : Samsung s10+
Dac/amp : iFi xDSD

I'd love to be able to maintain the clarity of my Atlas if possible, while being able to shake my brain a bit.

Budget... 1k'ish although some people mention 64 N8, and could maaaybe stretch to something like that if it really warranted it.

Living in New Zealand the whole trial and error thing isn't as easy here as we don't have amazon / eBay trial policy's like I see in America, nor do majority of the gear listed in these threads exist in my country, however I'm happy to import a solution

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #11,875 of 12,595
Hi all,

I'm looking for a basshead reccomendation for daily use on the train, so I need something without a vent, as isolation and minimal sound leakage are important to me

I'm currently using Campfire Audio Atlas, and although they sound nice, they lack the impact my Sony wi-1000x have, which unfortunately don't go loud enough for me and respond poorly to amping.

Typical genres : electronic (dnb/psytrance/dubstep), with some rock from time to time

Example of song
(bass starts about 1:15)

Source : Samsung s10+
Dac/amp : iFi xDSD

I'd love to be able to maintain the clarity of my Atlas if possible, while being able to shake my brain a bit.

Budget... 1k'ish although some people mention 64 N8, and could maaaybe stretch to something like that if it really warranted it.

Sounds like your after same thing as me. I'm happy with my Sony z1r at home but want something cheaper for out and about

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #11,876 of 12,595
Sounds like your after same thing as me. I'm happy with my Sony z1r at home but want something cheaper for out and about
I have my Th900mk2 for home use, and my SVS PB16 Ultra generally satisfys me. I usually listen to my stereo at home though.

I don't mind spending good money for something if its worth it.

I haven't looked into the z1r IEMs, I know the overhead ones leak a lot, just like my th900's :frowning2: maybe I can see if a Sony store stock them, do they isolate well?

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #11,877 of 12,595
I have a set of th900 MK2 for home use too! The z1r isolate well but comfort can be bad for some. I suppose we both want the legend X really!

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #11,878 of 12,595
How do you guys think about campfire atlas? Is it worth the price (dropped to $900)
I personally liked its treble more than bass. It does not extend very low. Its more midbass centric. So depends on what genre you like.
But they are very engaging and energetic. Buyer of my atlas was very impressed so it depends really.

Id say if you want basshead iems with good technicalities and have a decent source then yes.
If you are pure basshead and just want your ears to bleed, there are cheaper options.

Mar 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #11,880 of 12,595
Anybody tried westone b50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back