Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 14, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #8,417 of 12,600

You should have Noble check those stock cables.  Even if the cables are flipped they are not gonna be that much of difference as your describing.  At best the stage with be flipped around if the cables are on the wrong side.

if mine are flipped I don't hear a difference on my U8.  

Yes agree, left/right flip doesn't matter that much.

However the flipped cable inside it's socket (!!) was what I was referring to (little red dot pointing up our posting down) and what created the imbalanced sound.

I had one connect properly (pointing up) and on the other side one pointing down - and that shifted the bass. Once corrected and both dots were connected to the sockets properly the sound became centered again, especially the bass.

From moon-audio:
Red is Right Channel, Blue is Left Channel.

Dots always should be pointing in an upward direction.

The last bit was my issue.

Cheers.

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #8,418 of 12,600
I like the Audio Technica E40 bass like the CKR9 very punchy and tight. Pros of pushpull drivers

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #8,419 of 12,600
Hi guys, my spin fit eartips just in. The thing is I totally forgot which IEM I ordered it for. I thought It should be the 2.5 but I have a hard time sticking it in. It fits easily on the Ex800 ST though.

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #8,420 of 12,600
Can someone please send me a link to replacement tips for the 2.5. The sureseal that came with it is damaged to a point that it is almost unusable. By the way tried the spinfit on the EX800ST. Quite nice but it seems that the bass is diminished a bit. Thoughts welcome.

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #8,421 of 12,600
  Can someone please send me a link to replacement tips for the 2.5. The sureseal that came with it is damaged to a point that it is almost unusable. By the way tried the spinfit on the EX800ST. Quite nice but it seems that the bass is diminished a bit. Thoughts welcome.

spiral dot is nice on the 2.5

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #8,422 of 12,600
If anyone looking for that BassHead BA iem, I'm selling my A8.  Only used it for about 2 months and I kept it in really good condition in a Pelican Case.  

I have the Original 1964 Audio box + case and everything.  I will also give you the Pelican Case for free and free shipping.  
If you're interested, send me a PM.  I also have it listed on the sale thread.

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #8,423 of 12,600
How much of this is based on how the IEMs are driven?

Reason I ask, soundmagic E80 sounds pretty standard on most of my gear, but plugging them into the LG G5 module (or logically the LG V10), they kick in the high impedance mode, which changes their composure completely.

Just a thought.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #8,426 of 12,600
That's why we ask what amp and eq setting is being used, when trying to introduce a New set. Amp and eq is highly promoted around here, as you already know :wink:
absolutely, and I agree fully, just doesn't always seem to be reported, and looking for consistency :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back