Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jun 1, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #616 of 12,592
I checked out some reviews when they dropped awhile back and seemed like the consensus was that the duoza have good bass but aren't basshead iems and that they are mostly an upgrade from the carbo tenore's. And their design put me off a bit, not really sure what they were going for with that one...
nicely put

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #617 of 12,592
Well, I finally know what "Pay to play" means. I've got my UNICORN setup. The X3ii and the Aurisonics ASG -2.5's. Great bass, it'll shake your eardrums, and tunability with the EQ for perfect sound. I love it! And, the stock tips aren't bad, my daughter says she can't hear me, sitting beside me on the sofa, ports wide open, and volume above where I would normally have it. But, I've got some Spinfit tips on the way from Japan, so we'll see how those work out, too.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #618 of 12,592
Well, I finally know what "Pay to play" means. I've got my UNICORN setup. The X3ii and the Aurisonics ASG -2.5's. Great bass, it'll shake your eardrums, and tunability with the EQ for perfect sound. I love it! And, the stock tips aren't bad, my daughter says she can't hear me, sitting beside me on the sofa, ports wide open, and volume above where I would normally have it. But, I've got some Spinfit tips on the way from Japan, so we'll see how those work out, too.

I said that exact same line "Pay to Play"
I use port fully open, Cayin c5 on high gain and bass boost on now...and 31Hz +4 62Hz +3..
cool.gif

Now it's 800 dollar (in Japan) set of very very clear bass thumpers.
biggrin.gif

The tips never worked out for me seal wise so the change of  tips put the rainbow touches on my unicorn

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #620 of 12,592
I can't get a seal with Spinfits. I like the Monster Supertips with almost anything. I used double flange tips with the ASG-2.5 mostly. NarMoo S1 tips are also great for bass, but haven't tried them with Aurisonics. Sadly I was unable to sell some other gear so the ASG-2.5 had to go back until I can get money for them again (curse you unexpected expenses).

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #621 of 12,592
Spiral dots do well with them too.

x2. Switching between dots and the Complys that came with my IM02, bass is tad better with the dots and the aurisonics pvc things though.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #622 of 12,592
x2. Switching between dots and the Complys that came with my IM02, bass is tad better with the dots and the aurisonics pvc things though.

Yeah, the tips that come with the 2.5s are interesting. I tried the double flange tips from my T10i's, and felt like I lost some bass. Can't wait for my Spinfit tips to arrive, and see what kind of difference they make.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #623 of 12,592
Yeah, the tips that come with the 2.5s are interesting. I tried the double flange tips from my T10i's, and felt like I lost some bass. Can't wait for my Spinfit tips to arrive, and see what kind of difference they make.

That's very Politically Correct of you Bro.

Tippus sukus maximus...would be the Italian form for what you said there
biggrin.gif

My SONY tips work good on the 2.5 but they are scary hard to get on so if those spinfit go on nice and seal good....let me know
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #624 of 12,592
I actually put the small 2.5 tips on my JVC FXT-90s, and it's a really good pairing, so I can't say I dislike them outright. Maybe just because they do seal so well a useful addition to the pile of tips for me, at least.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #625 of 12,592
Is there a good bass sounding IEM in the $300-$500 ? I know the ASG-2.5 is the best but it's kinda too expensive.  Can the Dunu DN2000 a good choice since it has 2 BA + 1 dynamic for bass?

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #627 of 12,592
  Is there a good bass sounding IEM in the $300-$500 ? I know the ASG-2.5 is the best but it's kinda too expensive.  Can the Dunu DN2000 a good choice since it has 2 BA + 1 dynamic for bass?

If you don't mind factory seconds (paint errors, slightly mismatched shell covers etc...), they are 475 on ebay.

Best to look through the thread- stuff that has been mentioned a fair amount in that range are Pioneer CX9, Sony A2/A3, JVC FXZ100/200, Sennheiser IE80, Audio Technica CKS1000, I believe

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #628 of 12,592
  If you don't mind factory seconds (paint errors, slightly mismatched shell covers etc...), they are 475 on ebay.

Best to look through the thread- stuff that has been mentioned a fair amount in that range are Pioneer CX9, Sony A2/A3, JVC FXZ100/200, Sennheiser IE80, Audio Technica CKS1000, I believe

I already looked at all those ones. I wanted something with good BAss and also the high as well, not just the BAss.  ASG-2.5 is the only one I would considered as one i might buy.  
I was looking at the SEnn IE800 (not IE80)

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #629 of 12,592
  I already looked at all those ones. I wanted something with good BAss and also the high as well, not just the BAss.  ASG-2.5 is the only one I would considered as one i might buy.  
I was looking at the SEnn IE800 (not IE80)

I don't know if there's much out there right now that hasn't been suggested in this thread so far, at any price range... but I'll cosign the rec's from @Raketen - Sony A3 brings bass and highs for sure, I'd also check the jvc FX1100.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #630 of 12,592
Got my velvets last week. Really really love the rumbling sub-bass and the vocals! I think I prefer this over my JVC FX850.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back