Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Jan 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #91 of 470
Just ordered a set of these to replace my old set of MylarOneX3s that fell apart a few months ago. Hoping it pairs well with my new Clip+, which should be arriving at nearly the same time. I thought that I was done with headphone purchases for the duration...it is amazing how this site sucks you back in!
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #93 of 470
I was very satisfied with apple stock buds until I discovered Head Fi. RE0's were my first purchase and coming from stock buds I was shocked. 1 month later and still loving them.

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #94 of 470
Just got my set a couple of days ago & finished burning them in for ~ 20 hrs. Very, very nice sounding using my new Sansa Clip+ (unamped). As a die-hard Grado fan, I am impressed.

I was surprised that I ended up preferring the smaller set of double flanged tips as I have large ear canals & typically prefer foams to get a good seal (I even tried Shure Olives). With my ear canals & the double flanges, the improvements in bass, as well as mid & treble clarity, are *very* noticeable.

I am a happy camper!
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #95 of 470
My order is processed and shipped via TNT express. Never heard of that company. Anyone else got their parcel through TNT?

dL

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #97 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by dL. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order is processed and shipped via TNT express. Never heard of that company. Anyone else got their parcel through TNT?

dL

Hey dude,

TNT is a reputable shipping company.

i ordered mine on monday and I checked their website for tracking, I still can't track it yet, it says Not Found!

I prefer them using EMS!!!

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #98 of 470
So I guess if it reaches to Canada, it will be under Canada Post?

dL

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #100 of 470
Anyone got RE0 to compare with Apple's dual driver in ear? How much better are the RE0?

dL

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #101 of 470
i am getting my 4th pair now...

well RE0 is about how great the recording of the song is. it reveals how good/poor is the song being recorded.

its very neutral without any extra colors adding to it.

the bass amount is adequate and i wish the mids could be better by preserving the details and treble
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #102 of 470
i bought my re0 last august, coming from UE live .fi studio (60$ cheap ones) and not regret it one bit.... my only gripe was the cloth/ropish cord which would tangle too much..

i lost some sound on right earphone, so sent for replacement. Replaced same week, awesome service.. they have made the jack T-shaped (from previous linear) and made the cord rubbery-non tangle which I love.. I would recommend them to everyone (its freaking 80$), now my UEs will go back in the closet for emergency use..

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #104 of 470
I just received it today. OMG Head-Fi is the best.

This is the BEST SOUNDING earphone I have ever heard. And it's not even burnt in yet. The high is UNBELIEVABLE. I think there's more than enough bass and it's very clean and accurate.

Thank you Head-Fiers for recommending me such a bargain! And kudos to Head-Direct for such quality products! Definitely a repeat customer.

dL

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #105 of 470
I concur. I may be a noob still, but how anyone can go for bloaty bassy earphones over this is beyond me. I let a friend of mine, who uses stock Sony Ericsson cellphone earphones, audition my RE0s yesterday and he said he wasn't impressed.

I find the amount of bass to be spot-on and perfect. It's really clean, tight and extends pretty low. The midrange is just slightly recessed, but I'm used to it. However I did try Clieos' foam mod yesterday and found that the mids are indeed for forward now. It will take some time for me to decide which one I prefer, but the soundstage is now slightly wider, but not necessarily better. There is bit of sibilance now, but it doesn't occur often and I've only heard it in brass instruments so far.

So yes, the RE0s are amazing. And I'm not even running it amped yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back