Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Jul 24, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #706 of 856
Greetings, HiFiMAN.

I hope you're still monitoring this thread.  Today my nearly four-month-old HE-500 developed a problem with the left driver.  It's been fine, including yesterday, but now only outputs approximately %25 - %50.  I've confirmed it's the HE-500 and not anything else in various audio chains, in which two other headphones perform perfectly.

While I've contacted your customer service via the form at head-direct.com, I thought I'd ask a question here.

Because I'd be returning the HE-500 for replacement, not repair, would it be possible to exchange it for the HE-560, paying the $300 difference.  I think this is a reasonable request.  If you're reading this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #708 of 856
  Love the HE500, which I've owned a couple of months. Love it but almost immediately, the right channel started going in and out so I loosened the cable connector and the sound would correct itself. But now no sound. I see a bag of replacement connectors but I can't figure out how to replace the connector. Could you please advise? Thanks.

Hi, please contact customerservice@head-direct.com to buy the replacement part.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #709 of 856
  Greetings, HiFiMAN.

I hope you're still monitoring this thread.  Today my nearly four-month-old HE-500 developed a problem with the left driver.  It's been fine, including yesterday, but now only outputs approximately %25 - %50.  I've confirmed it's the HE-500 and not anything else in various audio chains, in which two other headphones perform perfectly.

While I've contacted your customer service via the form at head-direct.com, I thought I'd ask a question here.

Because I'd be returning the HE-500 for replacement, not repair, would it be possible to exchange it for the HE-560, paying the $300 difference.  I think this is a reasonable request.  If you're reading this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, please contact customerservice@head-direct.com to replace the broken headphone.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 5, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #710 of 856
hello hifiman team. I just want to give you a suggestion. I have been living with the ef-6 amplifier for a year and I find it is a fantastic amp, but... about that volume pot. please upgrade it to something better. that potentiometer is a pain and it is almost impossible to find a volume sweet spot. the ef-6 deserve better than this. it is the only weak link to this amp. everything else is fine. a smooth volume pot with no big steps.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #712 of 856
Thanks to the Hifiman Company, I received my HE-400 within 5 days from my order and I do love their sound with my DX50 (sorry for the HM-700). I discover my large classical and jazz albums collection.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #715 of 856
I love Hifiman. Thank you for making great products that outperform their price. I am also looking forward to improving your build quality to the same standard over time :)
Keep up the good work :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #718 of 856
I was wondering which version of the HE-400 I had. I saw there were many revisions and I wanted to make sure mine was ok.

Kinds hard to tell from your picture...
If it's white, you're fine.
If it's yellow/sand then those were replaced some time ago.

Yours seem more white to me so if that's true then you're okay.:)

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #719 of 856
  Hi, you do have 1 year warranty of your hifiman products which your purchased from authorized dealer.

Thank you for your answer.
I had sent a message in the customer service form and an e-mail message and asked for the replacement of the headband (cracked left plastic cup) for the HE-500 (bought November 2013), and someone from the company replied and asked me to sent 50 euros to head direct's paypal account because the headband is not covered by warranty and if i did so he would tell me about the shipment details...  Is this the official policy about the headband of HIFIMAN headphones?

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #720 of 856
Thank you for your answer.
I had sent a message in the customer service form and an e-mail message and asked for the replacement of the headband (cracked left plastic cup) for the HE-500 (bought November 2013), and someone from the company replied and asked me to sent 50 euros to head direct's paypal account because the headband is not covered by warranty and if i did so he would tell me about the shipment details...  Is this the official policy about the headband of HIFIMAN headphones?

This should have been replaced free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back