Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Apr 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #676 of 856
Thanks for your support of HiFiMAN and for the question. 

Product lead times can be long so HiFiMAN is always working on new product ideas.

HE-560 will be shipping soon with HE-400i right behind it. Nothing else to announce at the moment but stay tuned.

Peter   

Any idea if u guys will ever go over to angled connectors (would help for people with short necks!) or mini xlr? (Ur connectors restrict the thickness of HIGH END headphone cables..mini xlr accepts 8wire cables at 18awg, as ur connectors maxes out at 4 wire at 18awg)

Thanks peter!

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #677 of 856
Any idea if u guys will ever go over to angled connectors (would help for people with short necks!) or mini xlr? (Ur connectors restrict the thickness of HIGH END headphone cables..mini xlr accepts 8wire cables at 18awg, as ur connectors maxes out at 4 wire at 18awg)

Thanks peter!

The HE-560 uses ~20 degree angled connectors :wink:

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #678 of 856
The HE-560 uses ~20 degree angled connectors :wink:

GOOD!!!!!!! What took them so long :D and now the connectors so we can use really high end cables on our wonderful headphones..now we have to ask modders to put mini xlr on them.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #679 of 856
GOOD!!!!!!! What took them so long :D and now the connectors so we can use really high end cables on our wonderful headphones..now we have to ask modders to put mini xlr on them.

Again, they are working on it.
They said that they unfortunately won't be able to implement it in time for HE-560/400i but that the next headphones will have different connectors...

You were sleeping through the whole thread, seriously. :D

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #680 of 856
Again, they are working on it.
They said that they unfortunately won't be able to implement it in time for HE-560/400i but that the next headphones will have different connectors...

You were sleeping through the whole thread, seriously. :D

Honestly..i never knew there was this thread.. So i never checked..but i will from now on..as i am for sure a customer for life with hifman..i believe they make the best headphones for what they cost..and i would buy a he6 if the code-x didnt cross my way..oh well..thats a hifiman also..a he5.. But a very special one.. :wink: And i can only thank hifiman for it making the he5 once..and luis (referencesounds) for making it almost perfect. :wink:
Wouldn't mind trying one of the new to come (successor he6/jade 2) models out :wink: and put them to the test on my amp :cool:

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #681 of 856
Honestly..i never knew there was this thread.. So i never checked..but i will from now on..as i am for sure a customer for life with hifman..i believe they make the best headphones for what they cost..and i would buy a he6 if the code-x didnt cross my way..oh well..thats a hifiman also..a he5.. But a very special one.. :wink: And i can only thank hifiman for it making the he5 once..and luis (referencesounds) for making it almost perfect. :wink:

So am I brother :beerchug:
First the 6, now the 560 and later Jade II/6 successor. The price/performance is amazing!

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #682 of 856
So am I brother :beerchug:
First the 6, now the 560 and later Jade II/6 successor. The price/performance is amazing!

And i had a hm602 once also...in my opinion still one of the better sounding daps around with its 'vintage' philips chip inside:wink: and for the price its almost unbeatable

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #683 of 856
Hey guys, I just received my new HE-400's from Hifiman & I'm pretty sure the left channel is off about 1-2 db from the right. It is ever so slight but it's there. I've tried different sources & amps but it's there. I'm trying to figure out the best way to confirm this & where to go from here. Other than that I absolutely love the sound I'm getting from them. So musical & enjoyable, I'm really a fan of the presentation.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #684 of 856
Hey guys, I just received my new HE-400's from Hifiman & I'm pretty sure the left channel is off about 1-2 db from the right. It is ever so slight but it's there. I've tried different sources & amps but it's there. I'm trying to figure out the best way to confirm this & where to go from here. Other than that I absolutely love the sound I'm getting from them. So musical & enjoyable, I'm really a fan of the presentation.

Buy a cheap multimeter and measure the impedance. That's a cheap way too :wink:

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #687 of 856
I own a multi meter, so can I measure the impedance on each side? How would I go about doing that?

Courtesy of CoiL, thank him for these great pictures :]

I hope this should work for double entry headphones too :]

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #688 of 856
Interesting results, the driver impedance was the same value on each side but the cable impedance is off. The right channel measures .4 while the left measures .5, I have no idea what that says or proves other than there are two different values on the channels on the cable test. I think it would make sense to install the rt/sd cable connector on the left side of the driver & ;ft/sd on the rt/sd driver & see how it sounds. Make sense? If not there is the link that mentions a similar problem on the older units & tightening the driver is the cure. Seems like a risk on a brand new set of phones imo.

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #689 of 856
  Interesting results, the driver impedance was the same value on each side but the cable impedance is off. The right channel measures .4 while the left measures .5, I have no idea what that says or proves other than there are two different values on the channels on the cable test. I think it would make sense to install the rt/sd cable connector on the left side of the driver & ;ft/sd on the rt/sd driver & see how it sounds. Make sense? If not there is the link that mentions a similar problem on the older units & tightening the driver is the cure. Seems like a risk on a brand new set of phones imo.

Many thanks to Conquerator2 & Coil, the problem is the cable. When I swap sides on the cable the lft/sd driver becomes the dominant driver. Looks like I need a new cable.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #690 of 856
  Many thanks to Conquerator2 & Coil, the problem is the cable. When I swap sides on the cable the lft/sd driver becomes the dominant driver. Looks like I need a new cable.

Looks like HFM owes you a new cable.  You're in the right thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back