Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #661 of 856
I think Hifiman and its dealers handle customers exceptionally. I hold a very high regard for them as,a company that stands behind their products.
Not saying there aren't others, but Hifiman is a good example.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #663 of 856
We know that very well Peter. Now we just need that 560 :D
I don't suppose you can give as an exact release date as there're still tweaks, but is this month [April] real?
Watching all the related threads/impressions/tweaks carefully :]
Thank you.

This is off-topic, so this is my lone question regarding the said headphones.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #664 of 856
I am in the U.S. and not China so I can only report what we hear from Fang and the team over there. As with any new product, there have been some last minute tweaks in addition to lots of tweaks since CES.

We understand that HE-560 is going into production in April and we expect to be shipping before the month is out. Everything in manufacturing is subject to change, and this is April fools Day but all kidding aside, that looks realistic.

Peter 

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #665 of 856
Good thanks :] That's about what I thought, there might still be some last tweeks going on, like the baffle improvement.
Happy April's Fools :D

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #666 of 856
Greetings.

I just received my new HE-500s from Head-Direct.  I have a couple complaints/suggestions.  In no way does this reflect on the quality on the headphones, which are superb (this is my second pair).

• I chose the $10 shipping option.  When I went to the post office to pick them up, I was told there was $5.92 postage due.  While that figure was incorrect (even the postal worker couldn't figure out where that came from), I did have to pay $1.40.  No big deal, but in years of online shopping, and hundreds (a thousand or more?) of orders, I've never had something arrive postage due.  Head-Direct uses stamps.com.  I assume they've got their own scale in the Champaign, IL warehouse.  I can only assume the scale is not properly calibrated.  They should probably check that.  If HiFiMAN wants to refund my credit card the postage due I had to pay, let me know and I can call the customer service number, or whatever the procedure is.
  • The spare velour pads were packed in such a way that one of them is crushed/dented to the point where it is unusable.  I've given it an hour and a half to restore itself, but it remains dented and unusable.  Perhaps the extra pads should not be packed inside the box containing the headphones.  Just a thought.  Will HiFiMAN provide replacement velour pads?

I'd be happy to provide photos of the dented pad, and of the unopened box with the postage due sticker and the receipt of what I paid to release the package to me.

It pains me to have to complain about these things, as I think HiFiMAN is an excellent company.  I'm really looking forward to getting the HE-560s later this year.  These problems, however, need to be addressed.

Thanks for your time.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #667 of 856
  Greetings.

I just received my new HE-500s from Head-Direct.  I have a couple complaints/suggestions.  In no way does this reflect on the quality on the headphones, which are superb (this is my second pair).

• I chose the $10 shipping option.  When I went to the post office to pick them up, I was told there was $5.92 postage due.  While that figure was incorrect (even the postal worker couldn't figure out where that came from), I did have to pay $1.40.  No big deal, but in years of online shopping, and hundreds (a thousand or more?) of orders, I've never had something arrive postage due.  Head-Direct uses stamps.com.  I assume they've got their own scale in the Champaign, IL warehouse.  I can only assume the scale is not properly calibrated.  They should probably check that.  If HiFiMAN wants to refund my credit card the postage due I had to pay, let me know and I can call the customer service number, or whatever the procedure is.
  • The spare velour pads were packed in such a way that one of them is crushed/dented to the point where it is unusable.  I've given it an hour and a half to restore itself, but it remains dented and unusable.  Perhaps the extra pads should not be packed inside the box containing the headphones.  Just a thought.  Will HiFiMAN provide replacement velour pads?

I'd be happy to provide photos of the dented pad, and of the unopened box with the postage due sticker and the receipt of what I paid to release the package to me.

It pains me to have to complain about these things, as I think HiFiMAN is an excellent company.  I'm really looking forward to getting the HE-560s later this year.  These problems, however, need to be addressed.

Thanks for your time.

Did they ship USPS Priority Mail?  That cost has gone up to $11.30 after Jan 1.

I had a pair of HE-6 that had both velour pads cruched, they were still dented three days later when I returned them!  Attention to detail has slipped!

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #668 of 856
  Did they ship USPS Priority Mail?  That cost has gone up to $11.30 after Jan 1.

I had a pair of HE-6 that had both velour pads cruched, they were still dented three days later when I returned them!  Attention to detail has slipped!

It wasn't stated as Priority Mail on the Head-Direct site, but that's what it turned out to be.  My point stands, though: I've never once had something arrive postage due.  That's unacceptable.  They need to list whatever the shipping price is.  If they want to charge $10 and eat the $1.40, that's up to them.

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #669 of 856
Thurston, sorry for the problems with the postage due and dented ear pads.

Postage due - I checked with HiFiMAN and this is the first we have heard of it. However we are going to check rates to make sure we have enough postage.

Dented ear pads- will send replacements asap. Will send you a PM.

Peter

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #670 of 856
  Thurston, sorry for the problems with the postage due and dented ear pads.

Postage due - I checked with HiFiMAN and this is the first we have heard of it. However we are going to check rates to make sure we have enough postage.

Dented ear pads- will send replacements asap. Will send you a PM.

Peter

Peter,
thanks for the excellent customer service 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thurston

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #671 of 856
Hello Everybody,

We are the Customer Service Team of Head-Direct Corp. (Hifiman) We are here providing any info. of our products.
[COLOR=0000FF]www.head-direct.com[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]http://stores.ebay.com/headdirect[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1GH37DDIGH3L6[/COLOR]

Besides, any problems from you MUST be resolved immediately from us. Just because we are the BEST team of customer service, you MUST be served with the best service.
We are going to be here anytime for your inquiry, so feel free to ask any of us. 
Moreover, if you really are an audiophile or player fans, and always searching for any news and info. of our new products or any update, click the link for more answers: [COLOR=0000FF]http://hifiman.com/Blog/[/COLOR]
Or email us at:[COLOR=0000FF]customerservice@head-direct.com[/COLOR]
We all appreciate it.

BEST REGARDS,
Head-Direct Customer Service TEAM

Hey peeps,
I have a question....after owning almost all (except the he4 and he6) ur wonderfull fullsize phones i now probably own one of the best sounding hifiman headphones (code-x) at the moment and had an amp specially made for the he6.. (The PaG..see the review mentioned in my signature)

But am wondering..is there anything in the pipeline to replace the almost dinosaurus-like (in headphone years) HE6? It has been here for years now...and as the restif getting replaced/upgraded i was curious about an upgrade to the he6 or maybe a JADE mk2?

Thanks for replying!

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #672 of 856
Thanks for your support of HiFiMAN and for the question. 

Product lead times can be long so HiFiMAN is always working on new product ideas.

HE-560 will be shipping soon with HE-400i right behind it. Nothing else to announce at the moment but stay tuned.

Peter   

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #673 of 856
I have some very expensive Cardas cables on my HE-500's. Does the new HE-560 use the same type of connector at the earphone that you have always utilized?

Thank you very much.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #674 of 856
  I have some very expensive Cardas cables on my HE-500's. Does the new HE-560 use the same type of connector at the earphone that you have always utilized?

Thank you very much.

According to several posts in the various HE-560 threads, they are using the same connector, so aftermarket and DIY cables for the older HFMs will work with the HE-560s, and I would hope/assume the HE-400is as well, but don't quote me on the latter.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #675 of 856
Thank you very much for your reply / insight. I want to save the Cardas and put the HE-500 (there will be no cables provided) up for sale as soon as I can get the HE-560.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back