HE-90 just sold for $11,300 on Ebay
Jan 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

msjjr

100+ Head-Fier
Wow! I think I've lost track on the price of these phones. Just thinking.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 50
I remember when I first got to Head-fi many years ago, those things were talked about the same way people who drive around camaros and integras talk about pagani zondas and lamborghini reventons.

I'm curious now, years later, how something like an LCD-2 or a Tesla T1 compares to the once untouchable king HE-90s. Are they still the best, or have state-of-the-art dynamics/orthos caught up?

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 50
Well I couldn't justify spending that amount now (I've had mine for a while), but if my second or third vehicle were a Lambo, I wouldn't hesitate buying them. They top my list and I have/had all the great classics.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 50
I have long thought I wanted HE-90, after spending hours listening to them... but the he-60 will have to do. Question is, will Senn EVER wake up, and take advantage of the demand for their product?

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 50
These days when looking at stories of the HE90, I'm kicking myself for the Meier batch one I sold for the original price, thinking it would be really bad karma to sell for more. I should have a) hung onto them given my subsequent phone history, or b) sold them later on fleabay, goddamit.

Quote:
I remember when I first got to Head-fi many years ago, those things were talked about the same way people who drive around camaros and integras talk about pagani zondas and lamborghini reventons.

I'm curious now, years later, how something like an LCD-2 or a Tesla T1 compares to the once untouchable king HE-90s. Are they still the best, or have state-of-the-art dynamics/orthos caught up?

I currently have a HE/V90 and a T1, and technically, you could successfully argue that the best dynamics are not a million miles away.

The issue is tonality. And that is why I've bought the HE90 twice (and the HEV90 once). I can't really pick any meaningful nits with it in comparison to others... it's as perfectly judged, at least for my taste, as any headphone has ever been. The only major issue for me is that they don't quite fit my giant head as comfortably as I'd like... but these are the only headphones I've decided to try and ignore that problem while wearing.

I think should I decide to sell up in the future, they'll definitely go up on fleabay..!

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 50
I remember before I even had any headphones I was at a local meet and the first headphones I listend to were the HE90. Someone just passed them to me so I put them on.  I had no idea what they were. My first thought was hey these look like HD650's with wood, cool. Then I listen to the HD800 and HD600 and I was confused as to why I wasn't impressed with them, haha.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 50
Seeing this makes me want to sell mine but I like them a lot :frowning2:  

bangra, my head is pretty average size and the HE90 is the most comfortable headphone I've worn.  

Skarecrow, I have the LCD2 but it's not really on the same level as the HE90 or a number of other electrostats IMO.  Still a really good headphone though.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 50
I also entered the bidding and I would like to share the strange behavious of the seller later.
Dear Milos , I am still interested in your HE90 if you would like to sell please inform me.
If not other offer is more than welcome

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #13 of 50
Dear all,
   I am looking for the HE90 if any one would like to sell that I can give the offer for
8000+$ for a very good condition HE90.  I don't think the deal on ebay is a real one .

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 50

Quote:
I have long thought I wanted HE-90, after spending hours listening to them... but the he-60 will have to do. Question is, will Senn EVER wake up, and take advantage of the demand for their product?

Yes, they are working on something.  Or at least they were just before the HD800 came out.  Something in the same arena as the HE90 but I don't know much more than that.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 50
I have a feeling that this transaction may be a fraud.  I can say this because I won the bidding but the transaction was cancelled by the seller.
I was approached by the seller immediately after I won the bidding asking for me to do the wire transfer.  I was hesitant in the beginning
knowing that I would not be eligible for paypal and ebay buyer protection programme if I do the wire transfer.  However I initially had a tendency to
do that because I wanted the item and he also mentioned that he can sell this to the second highest bidder. Due to high S&H (500+$ for UPS shipment
to Thailand????) and probable high Thai custom charge I asked him to declare the low value or sent it to my son in Chicago (I have asked him before the
bidding and he agreed to ship to my son's address).  I also asked him to split the paypal which will be exempted if I do the wire transfer.   He did not
answer back and I emailed him that I would pay by paypal and  asked him to send to my son (his address is also in paypal listed address). He did answer
back and cancelled the item which I refused. He claimed that because I asked him to declare the low value but I stated clearly that if he was not comfortable
he should send it to my son.  I think the seller in this case may be greedy (because he tried to avoid paypal fee) or this may be a fraud (because when I do
the wire transfer I will not be protected).  I am confident that he is not a head-fi member because he did not know anything about the HE90 when he was asked
by other bidders.
I wrote this message to warn the second highest bidder not to wire transfer him the money and would like us to know the strange behaviour of the seller who
is not head-fi member. 
I will probably stop searching the HE90 and will try to get the C32 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back