HD650 vs HE-400 vs AH-D5000 vs Mad Dogs T50RP REVIEWED!
Aug 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #46 of 49
Stumbled upon this comparison when contemplating getting the HE-400 when I already have a modded AH-D5000  .. wondering if it would be more detailed or fun sounding . The comparison helps to some extent but probably wouldn't be able to make up my mind until I try the HE-400 . Have tried a few Orthos and always loved the bass + mids on them.

BTW , that photo of AH-D2000 + AH-D5000 used by you in the youtube video was clicked by me :wink:

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #48 of 49
  the only thing i missed are the dt 880. i am confused between these and he400 
if by any chance you can compare them..........

I had the DT990 premium before 600ohm. They were light as a feather and comfy and came with great stuff. Other than that I was not really impressed and didn't keep them more than a month or two, too many issues for me. Some people had said they had good bass but even though they are open I thought it was as weak as could be. They never made music very exciting, but the MAIN KILLER was that harsh treble spike they have on the upper end. Not sure if everyone is sensitive to that, but it would give me a headache after 15 min or more.

The dt990 pros are supposed to have more bass, but I never got to try them. 

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #49 of 49
I had the DT990 premium before 600ohm. They were light as a feather and comfy and came with great stuff. Other than that I was not really impressed and didn't keep them more than a month or two, too many issues for me. Some people had said they had good bass but even though they are open I thought it was as weak as could be. They never made music very exciting, but the MAIN KILLER was that harsh treble spike they have on the upper end. Not sure if everyone is sensitive to that, but it would give me a headache after 15 min or more.

The dt990 pros are supposed to have more bass, but I never got to try them. 

Late to the party but I had that exact same experience with the 32 ohm dt990. Bass was weak as could be and the harsh treble spike made them unbearable. Really wanted to like them but the reviews were far from my impressions. Got some JVC SZ2000s instead and love them.

Interested in the planar magnetic cans now though after skimming through this discussion. Really wanna take a stab at putting together a bottlehead crack now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back