hd25-1 impressions thread
Dec 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #1,681 of 3,350
Putente,
I acquired the HD25-1 II a few weeks ago. The Clamping force of the headband will feel too strong initially, but let your body adjust to the unusual forces it is experiencing. Give them at least 2 weeks to settle over your ears. This is just how all supra-aural headphones are. They all have a "break-in period" which actually involves your body being broken in.
The Clamping force can also be adjusted by splitting the headband, but that only increases the clamping. You may also try the Velour pads(if you got them in the box) for a few days to ease the pressure on your ears. The Pleather may be bad for comfort, but it offers better isolation and bass response.

Originally Posted by putente /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks! I've been searching for prices for the SP headband and one foam strip from the split headband, and it seems I need to spend never less than $50 (in Europe, with shipping costs). I'll wait some time to see if the split headband lamping force loosens up a bit with time and use... 
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #1,682 of 3,350

Quote:
Putente,
I acquired the HD25-1 II a few weeks ago. The Clamping force of the headband will feel too strong initially, but let your body adjust to the unusual forces it is experiencing. Give them at least 2 weeks to settle over your ears. This is just how all circumaural headphones are. They all have a "break-in period" which actually involves your body being broken in.
The Clamping force can also be adjusted by splitting the headband, but that only increases the clamping. You may also try the Velour pads(if you got them in the box) for a few days to ease the pressure on your ears. The Pleather may be bad for comfort, but it offers better isolation and bass response.

The HD25-1 II is a supra-aural phone. 
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #1,684 of 3,350

Quote:
Ok, thanks! I've been searching for prices for the SP headband and one foam strip from the split headband, and it seems I need to spend never less than $50 (in Europe, with shipping costs). I'll wait some time to see if the split headband lamping force loosens up a bit with time and use... 
wink.gif

I am too looking for foam strips on the headbands. Only place i can find it is on the ebay but they could be fakes. Have you found a better place yet, any retail who sells them cheap? I even mailed the fabric who makes them but never got a reply.

I live in Sweden and own the HD25-1.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #1,685 of 3,350
Since the 100% No Modern Talking EP came out today and I was watching the release promo and I guess Rob Swire appreciates the HD25-1, too.
(If you don't know who he is, he's the lead vocalist of Pendulum, half of the new DJ group Knife Party, and singer on Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff.")

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #1,686 of 3,350
Yes, you're right. After a week of using them a bit every day, I already feel the clamping force is a bit reduced (or at least, I'm getting mored used to it). So for now, I'm holding off the headband change... 
wink.gif

Quote:
Putente,
I acquired the HD25-1 II a few weeks ago. The Clamping force of the headband will feel too strong initially, but let your body adjust to the unusual forces it is experiencing. Give them at least 2 weeks to settle over your ears. This is just how all supra-aural headphones are. They all have a "break-in period" which actually involves your body being broken in.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #1,687 of 3,350
Hi. This is where I found the cheapest price for the foam strip in Europe: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sennheiser-hd-25-replacement-headband-foam-padding-sold-singly/387442-01/

Remember that it's just 1 piece, which was I needed for the SP headband... 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I am too looking for foam strips on the headbands. Only place i can find it is on the ebay but they could be fakes. Have you found a better place yet, any retail who sells them cheap? I even mailed the fabric who makes them but never got a reply.

I live in Sweden and own the HD25-1.

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #1,691 of 3,350
Quote:
Ok, Im really confused because Im buying ones  that say  hd25-1 70 ohm not hd25-1 -II on the side of the headphones. Is it still the same headphones and same price?

There's two version of the hd25,

there's one that is 600ohms and one that is 70ohm...

The box package should say HD25 - II if this is the boxing then u got the correct one.... Mine as well did not show any sign of whether is this actual one till I check the ref no. at their website you can do the same as well.

If u check the ref no you can never be wrong... go ahead and check it out.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/professional_headphones-headsets_headphones_502188?Open&row=4

I loving my headphone as well best invested for my money.

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #1,693 of 3,350
The HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II are exactly the same headphones. They just differ from delivery content.
No need to be concerned.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,695 of 3,350

Quote:

Ok thanks, i was just worried because they might like at least 4-5 years old. should i be concerned how old a headphone is? also should i buy the velour pads?

The velour pads will soak up some of the bass emitted by the transducers so that they won't be quite as bassy. On the other hand they will be more comfortable on your ears. Only you can decide whether you don't mind losing a little bass. The pleather pads will give you all the bass the transducers have to offer at the possible cost of some discomfort. At least others have complained of discomfort.

I use the pleather pads on my HD25-1 without any real discomfort issues. I also have velour pads but I have consigned those for use with my AKG K81, which turns out to be a perfect fit for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back