hd25-1 impressions thread
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #1,564 of 3,348
I'm using fiio e5 with hd 25 and my low power cellphone that can drive them loud. You actually don't even need an amp for these headphones 
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #1,565 of 3,348

Quote:
I'm using fiio e5 with hd 25 and my low power cellphone that can drive them loud. You actually don't even need an amp for these headphones 
biggrin.gif

yeah I mean my phone powers my hd25 fine.. but i mean for sound quality, I feel like my computer brings out the mids and treble a little, and gives the bass a little more power and definition. I have a built in gigabyte ud3 1366 sound card. Also since the bass is a power monster how does an amp in general affect the bass, loser, tighter, more shaking, or what?

Quote:
I've heard good things about the PA2V2 and Fiio E11 as well.

Yeah the pa2v2 was one of my top choices along with the e6, I don't think I wanna go for the e11, for the brightness it adds aparently. I might just save up for a nicer amp later, probably a ibasso t3 or e11 or soundmagic a10

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #1,569 of 3,348
No difference in the cans, but the newer ones come with velour earpads and a storage pouch. Also, the cable's 1.5 meters, with an L-plug, but YMMV, there are different versions. Mine's mark II, but came with a straight plug, 2m cable.

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,571 of 3,348
Really loving my HD25 II's.. here's a picture of my modded Senns (SP headband for comfort and Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable) with the new FiiO E10.  If anyone is looking for an amazing entry level system, I can definitely recommend the 25's with the E10 (or E7 for that matter)..

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #1,573 of 3,348
You can only "fix" it so much, and cables make little difference.  Grab an amp that can control sibilance like the Minibox-ES instead and combine it with a Cowon J3 (use its EQ to reduce it a bit more).  Or you could go with a different headphone altogether.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,574 of 3,348

Quote:
You can only "fix" it so much, and cables make little difference.  Grab an amp that can control sibilance like the Minibox-ES instead and combine it with a Cowon J3 (use its EQ to reduce it a bit more).  Or you could go with a different headphone altogether.

it would pain me so much to get another pair XD. These headphones are literally PERFECT for me in every aspect, except the soundstage and the sibilance. When I say perfect I mean it matches my every wish in a headphone XD. Just like the Shure se215, except I prefer larger headphones. I've heard that the sibilance might decrease along with more burn in I hope that's true. Is it?

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #1,575 of 3,348
How long have they been burned in?  You may want to run them continuously for a couple of days. I have no problems with sibliance and I'm pretty sensitive to it.
Cable will not make much of a difference.  I went from the standard cable to the HD600 cable (you may want to try to get one from eBay.. actually preferred the HD600 cable) to an expensive custom cable (waste, the HD600 cable was great).  As suggested, you may want to also try to EQ down.  I run mine un-EQ'd.
The 25's are my favourite on-ear cans!

Quote:
it would pain me so much to get another pair XD. These headphones are literally PERFECT for me in every aspect, except the soundstage and the sibilance. When I say perfect I mean it matches my every wish in a headphone XD. Just like the Shure se215, except I prefer larger headphones. I've heard that the sibilance might decrease along with more burn in I hope that's true. Is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back