hd25-1 impressions thread
Jul 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #1,411 of 3,348

Same here. Get the DT1350 and you will get the smooth and detail sound across Hi-Mid-Low.

Quote:
Do you guys know if there's a substantial amount of SQ improvement from initial wearing?  I've put in 20-30hrs. so far in 2weeks and I'm not quite liking the sound.  It just seems a bit harsh sounding and not as detailed/seperated as I hoped for.    

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,413 of 3,348

Quote:
^Hows the clamp? Did it loosen at all, mine after two weeks of purchasing are still hurting my ears.

I have a very old pair, got it used and have been using it for around 6 months, and its very comfortable. have another relatively new and it clamps hard. so I think it does loose with time, takes time tho.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #1,414 of 3,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i´ve seen HD25-1-II HD25-C-II  HD25-13-II and HD25-1-II BE.

whats up with all the variations ?

I think the variations are:

HD25-1-II - standard version 70ohm, straight steel cable
HD25-C-II  - as above but coiled copper cable
HD25-13-II - 600ohm version for professional use
HD25-1-II BE- basic edition, slightly cheaper due to not having travel bag and velour pads

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,415 of 3,348
A proud owner of the HD25-1 II for 2 months now and I usually use it with my i-Pod Classic. Very portable to me, light, the looks, but of course the sounds that came out of it are truly worth the $ spent. It's my first pricey HP and probably going to be with me for a very long time. I pair it with Graham Slee Voyager and with line out using Alopod SXC22G cable, you got to try it. 
k701smile.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,418 of 3,348

Quote:
Do you guys really like the looks? I find them ok to look at, but they look very goofy on my head. Would chaning the head help? :)

yeah, its pretty much like most classical pieces of engineering, it does the job, nothing fancy tho. I like the look, but they dont look like 200$ (the sound makes it up all)

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #1,421 of 3,348
Going to order a pair of the Sennheiser HD-25 II. It'll be my first headphone purchase after using the Triple.Fi 10s. I'm just looking for something a bit bigger that I can use at home and for long coding/study sessions. Hoping that these will be awesome!

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,422 of 3,348

Quote:
Going to order a pair of the Sennheiser HD-25 II. It'll be my first headphone purchase after using the Triple.Fi 10s. I'm just looking for something a bit bigger that I can use at home and for long coding/study sessions. Hoping that these will be awesome!

Not sure if you've ordered yet, but not sure if the HD25 is the best headphone for long uses. I can use them for 60-90 minutes before they're pretty uncomfortable. It varies with everyone, but supra-aurals aren't generally the most comfortable and the Senns have a good amount of clamping force.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #1,423 of 3,348
i got my senns about 3 weeks ago, and theyre actually pretty dang comftorable with the velour pads.  and i agree with the blandness statements; thats why i got the adidas version
bigsmile_face.gif
 .  when i first got them, my father said, "you paid 200 dollars for those?" and i have to agree, the plastic doesnt look like 200 dollar material.  but the sq on these is amazing.  however, for my bass needs, i was thinking of purchasing the klipsch s4's.  i was wondering, though, do you lose anything in sound quality if you get the apple ipod 3 button version of these? 

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #1,424 of 3,348
No problem with the one that has a mic as the mic has its own separate wire and contact on the cable.

If you want bass, try HFI-2400 sometime.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #1,425 of 3,348
God, I swear this headphone is getting better every single day. They have 40ish hours on them, I have no idea if it's burn-in, "faulty" headphones, placebo or my own ears, but they are AMAZING. When I first got them, I could hardly ABX cheap Sony IEMs (ex85 I think) and the HD 25-1 (I must have gotten deaf for a short period of time), but listening to Sigur Rós through them now is a truly incredible experience.

If you just bought HD 25-1, never experienced hi-fi and you don't like them, give them 50 hours and play some complex ("busy") music and put them on your head. You'll just want to leave them there all day, despite the intense ear pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back