hd25-1 impressions thread
Nov 20, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #1,066 of 3,348

Quote:
It's not that I care what people think, but I can gage it's looks based on how many funny expressions I get from people walking by me.

its called jelaousy 
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #1,069 of 3,348
yaeh, its Neutrik - i recabled them with hd25sp cable - the original coiled is way too long and too heavy for portable.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,071 of 3,348
Hi guys. I'm a fresh man here. I think it's my first reply here in the forum.

I'm exciting to see this topic that many of u have a hd25 and like it. I bought my hd25-1-ii about two months ago. It's my first 'real' headphone.(Omx90.cx550.custom3.mx95 became history):D

Hd25 1-2 with iPod classic 120g are my precious now.

:D:p

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #1,072 of 3,348
I've talked a few DJ friends into getting one too.. Their first reaction is always "that thing is ugly, it looks cheap" etc. But once they've used it for a while they are convinced :)

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #1,073 of 3,348
for such a nice and expensive headphone, the cable is wholly sub-par.

First, I'm not a fan of L type connectors.  My iPhone is always in my pocket and I put too much stress on it by having it in there then pulling up.  In fact, the right speaker is already starting to cut out because of this.

Second, it's too damn long.  It could be about 10 to 12 inches shorter

Third, it's too thick.

How about an iPhone mic, Sennheiser?  I was thinking of swapping the original with the 414 wire:

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail2002/ProductDetails.aspx?direct_cat=Parts&direct_prod=USH-37974/PX-4

?

Is there anything else out there that's thinner with a straight plug end?  I don't have much experience with soldering, but I do know the neutrik plugs are too big, so even then, I feel like I'm SOL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #1,074 of 3,348
Depending on the version you have the cable is probably not meant to be portable and is built for intense studio use.
I have the le version with the 1.2 meters angled plug cable and I find it great for portable use, the angled plug is great for mp3s with the jack on the side like the clip.

What you want is a version of the hd25 for non pros, the day senn makes a gen pop version of the hd25 will be a day of joy and celebration.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #1,075 of 3,348

Quote:
Depending on the version you have the cable is probably not meant to be portable and is built for intense studio use.
I have the le version with the 1.2 meters angled plug cable and I find it great for portable use, the angled plug is great for mp3s with the jack on the side like the clip.

What you want is a version of the hd25 for non pros, the day senn makes a gen pop version of the hd25 will be a day of joy and celebration.

So what's my best option now?

I can't stand the wire on here, yet I'm not that skilled at making my own.

I was thinking, ok, I keep my wire but I solder on this:

http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Connectors/3-5-2-5mm-Mini-Connectors/TecNec-Cables-Connectors/M-3-5S-SLIM.xhtml

no where do I get a cheap soldering iron.

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #1,076 of 3,348
Those are all features that come in really handy when DJ'ing. The L-connector is more favorable too make the cable run downwards when you're standing behind a mixer. Additional length is always nice when you're reaching for your records or whatever :wink:

Quote:
for such a nice and expensive headphone, the cable is wholly sub-par.

First, I'm not a fan of L type connectors.  My iPhone is always in my pocket and I put too much stress on it by having it in there then pulling up.  In fact, the right speaker is already starting to cut out because of this.

Second, it's too damn long.  It could be about 10 to 12 inches shorter

Third, it's too thick.

How about an iPhone mic, Sennheiser?  I was thinking of swapping the original with the 414 wire:

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail2002/ProductDetails.aspx?direct_cat=Parts&direct_prod=USH-37974/PX-4

?

Is there anything else out there that's thinner with a straight plug end?  I don't have much experience with soldering, but I do know the neutrik plugs are too big, so even then, I feel like I'm SOL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #1,077 of 3,348

Quote:
Those are all features that come in really handy when DJ'ing. The L-connector is more favorable too make the cable run downwards when you're standing behind a mixer. Additional length is always nice when you're reaching for your records or whatever :wink:

Cool, but I still need a solution.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #1,078 of 3,348
I had the chance to test the HD25 and TMA-1 and all I can say is the HD25 is better for my tastes. Its more detailed although the sibilance is really there. The TMA-1 has low bass but it lacks the Bass Impact of the HD25. Overall I had more fun with the HD25 as I could catch the details better than the TMA-1 which sounds dark in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #1,079 of 3,348
Just got my HD25-1 II a couple of hours ago and they're firmly glued to my ears. I love them, that's all there is to it. They sound like grown-up versions of the PX200-II, but with harsher highs and much better everything else. The bass punch and control is there, the forward mids, everything. Every good thing I've read about these cans I oh so true.

On the downside, the build quality seems kind of weak. I got them used from DJ and the left earcup is a bit loose, sliding up and down. No big problem though, they are still perfectly usable. And for the record, they have the 2 meter cable with a straight plug. I should have asked before buying, but they're still usable as portables. Heck, I think I might just sell all my cans and keep these.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #1,080 of 3,348
I thought the build quality of the HD 25-1 IIs is good, I had them for nearly half a year and they are still perfect, and yours are only 2 hours old and the left earcup is loose already? The cable on mine is about 1.5m long with an angled jack, are yours a special edition? 
blink.gif

Quote:
Just got my HD25-1 II a couple of hours ago and they're firmly glued to my ears. I love them, that's all there is to it. They sound like grown-up versions of the PX200-II, but with harsher highs and much better everything else. The bass punch and control is there, the forward mids, everything. Every good thing I've read about these cans I oh so true.

On the downside, the build quality seems kind of weak. I got them used from DJ and the left earcup is a bit loose, sliding up and down. No big problem though, they are still perfectly usable. And for the record, they have the 2 meter cable with a straight plug. I should have asked before buying, but they're still usable as portables. Heck, I think I might just sell all my cans and keep these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back