hd25-1 impressions thread
Sep 2, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #1,036 of 3,348
Just got these one hour ago, so far loving it ^^ great sound out of my sansa clip+

luckily, pretty comfy with the pleather pads. Isolation is a bit less then i hoped for, but my expectations on isolation were very high  (isolation compares to my thinksound rains, wich were isolating enough for me.. so not much of a problem)

I unlike many other have a straight plug instead of a angled one.. Id prefer had the angled one..

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #1,039 of 3,348
I find my hd25's a little bit bass-light. Compared to my AD700s it has just a few more db's in the bass region.. Not bass heavy at all. My thinksound rains have more bass..

Normal?

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #1,040 of 3,348
I don't find my HD 25's to have much bass either, not as much as other people are saying at least. It has nice punchy and accurate bass, but they're not bass heavy at all, I actually find them somewhat bright sounding. If i want bass i listen to my SRH750DJ's, now those are some bassy cans.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #1,041 of 3,348
What cable do you use Aizura? I would say mine are accurate on the low bass notes, not much in the mid - using HD650 cable.

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #1,042 of 3,348
I use an HD600 cable on mine. I tried the HD650 cable as well but I couldn't notice a difference between the two. With the HD600 cable I can still use them with the connectors pointing upwards.

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,044 of 3,348
the HD15-1 rocks. They are not bass light. I use them for djing, for portable, for home. It is the multipurpose headphone with great sound quality. In fact I am listening to them right now as I type.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #1,045 of 3,348
I'm considering these as my next headphone. After trying the MS1i and not getting along with them too well (mainly due to comfort issues and them not having much of an increase in SQ from the headphones I was already using) I decided to sell them so now I'm still trying to find something new. I just have a few questions about them, however:
1. Would I find these headphones uncomfortable if I found the MS1i (stock pads) to be uncomfortable? I'm concerned about the supra-aural fit since of the 2 supra-aural headphones I've owned, I've found both horribly uncomfortable (actually, not so much uncomfortable, more just simply painful).
2. Are they suitable for gaming? I'm not looking for mindblowing performance in regards to this since I don't game very often anymore, and even more rarely online, I'd just like something which is capable of getting the job done to a satisfactory level.
3. Is there any difference between the HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II?

Thanks if anyone responds.

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #1,046 of 3,348

Quote:
I'm considering these as my next headphone. After trying the MS1i and not getting along with them too well (mainly due to comfort issues and them not having much of an increase in SQ from the headphones I was already using) I decided to sell them so now I'm still trying to find something new. I just have a few questions about them, however:
1. Would I find these headphones uncomfortable if I found the MS1i (stock pads) to be uncomfortable? I'm concerned about the supra-aural fit since of the 2 supra-aural headphones I've owned, I've found both horribly uncomfortable (actually, not so much uncomfortable, more just simply painful).
2. Are they suitable for gaming? I'm not looking for mindblowing performance in regards to this since I don't game very often anymore, and even more rarely online, I'd just like something which is capable of getting the job done to a satisfactory level.
3. Is there any difference between the HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II?

Thanks if anyone responds.

In my humble opinion I think the HD 25 is much more comfortable due to the softness of the pads especially if you put on the velour pads.  The MS1 stock pads can be quite irritating if you don't take the time to work them in over time or by washing them.  Some people complain that the HD 25 clamp too hard making them too tight but maybe my head is small as I don't have that problem.
They will be ok for gaming sound wise but they have a small soundstage so if that is important in your gaming adventures that could be a problem.
There is no difference between the 25 and 25- II except the latter comes with velour pads along with the vinyl ones.

Cheers

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #1,047 of 3,348

Quote:

In my humble opinion I think the HD 25 is much more comfortable due to the softness of the pads especially if you put on the velour pads.  The MS1 stock pads can be quite irritating if you don't take the time to work them in over time or by washing them.  Some people complain that the HD 25 clamp too hard making them too tight but maybe my head is small as I don't have that problem.
They will be ok for gaming sound wise but they have a small soundstage so if that is important in your gaming adventures that could be a problem.
There is no difference between the 25 and 25- II except the latter comes with velour pads along with the vinyl ones.

Cheers

Okay, thanks. I'll take that into consideration, I still have quite a bit of researching to do before I make a decision though I think.

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #1,048 of 3,348
i am a proud owner on these little rockets! i just got them today. out of the box and switch to iphone 4 and try to play "dance of eternity" by dream theater and they sound amazing! oh man, now i know why "BOSE" is non-existent here lol. now i can say bose are garbage... sorry 

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #1,050 of 3,348
it's on again.

I'm looking for a good deal on some these headphones.

I found some cheap refurbs, but no good price on new ones.

I'm going to try and bid on some on eBay, but I'd rather just buy something out right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back