hd25-1 impressions thread
Jul 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #1,007 of 3,348
I just got mine two days ago, and LOVE them. I find these more comfortable then my ms-1. But just a question. Did your HD-25 come with a piece of paper like a warranty or something like that? Because mine didn't or is it suppose to be like that.
I know its a great built headphone but its always good to have a backup plan.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #1,009 of 3,348
Hello strangers, been lurking these forums for some time and only just signed up.

I was interested in a good pair of portable 'phones for my daily commutes, and from research it seems that these Sennheisers are my best bet. Just wanted to ask a few questions though before I confidently go ahead with my purchase.

1) Do they leak much noise? I get quite self-conscious about this seeing as I take a packed train every morning, and would rather not have fellow commuters hear some of my embarrassing tunes. My last pair were the Denon d1000s which not only looked stupid when worn outdoors, but also could be used as speakers at around 60% volume 
confused_face.gif

2) Do they comfortably sit on necks? Sounds like a silly question but I like having my headphones lazily hang on my neck instead of putting the effort to put them away.

3) Are they worth using mainly for iPhone use? I'm not that much of an audiophile but I do make sure that my music files are at the very least 320kbs, with many being lossless extracts from CDs. I'll be planning to upgrade to a Cowon S9 anyway, will it hold up well on that?

Thats all for now, thanks 
smile.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #1,010 of 3,348
To answer the questions above.

1) Yes. I have owned a range of IEMs and Headphones in my short life of audio and none of them come close to as much isolation (both for the listener and crowd) as the HD 25-1s.

2) Yep. As you can probably tell they are quite small and hardly bulky. They lived on my neck for months and I never found them uncomfortable. When compared with other headphones hey are actually very comfortable.

3) Certainly. See my sig for reference, but if you have good phones and good source material (eg your 320kbps mp3s) you should be more than set.
Also I'd suggest the newer J3 over the S9. A far superior player in my opinion and a notable sound quality upgrade over your iPhone.

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #1,011 of 3,348

Quote:

1) Yes. I have owned a range of IEMs and Headphones in my short life of audio and none of them come close to as much isolation (both for the listener and crowd) as the HD 25-1s.

You haven't by chance ever had Etymotic ER4s?

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #1,013 of 3,348

Quote:

2) Yep. As you can probably tell they are quite small and hardly bulky. They lived on my neck for months and I never found them uncomfortable. When compared with other headphones hey are actually very comfortable.

3) Certainly. See my sig for reference, but if you have good phones and good source material (eg your 320kbps mp3s) you should be more than set.
Also I'd suggest the newer J3 over the S9. A far superior player in my opinion and a notable sound quality upgrade over your iPhone.

Cheers for the swift reply!

I'm a bit confused about your answer to my first point though; Is that a 'Yes' as in - Yes, they do leak a lot of noise, or 'Yes' as in - Yes, they can be used easily in public without leaking.

I'll be sure to check out the J3 too.

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #1,014 of 3,348

Quote:
No I have not, I think they are in a class of their own.

Hmmm, I know the Etys are rated as well as many professional over the ear muffs for noisy work environments.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #1,015 of 3,348

Quote:
I'm a bit confused about your answer to my first point though; Is that a 'Yes' as in - Yes, they do leak a lot of noise, or 'Yes' as in - Yes, they can be used easily in public without leaking.

Sorry I can see how I made that confusing. If you read the rest of the answer you should see they can be used easily in public without any leaking, or extremely minimal.

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #1,018 of 3,348

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are tying to get at Anaxilus...

I was just researching how the HD25 compares in isolation to the ER4.  Then noticed how bad Bose is at trying to do their 'specialty'.  Why did you think I was doing something nefarious?

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #1,019 of 3,348
Fair enough. I thought you must have thought I had heard the ER4 and was trying to prove that it doesn't isolate as well as the HD 25-1.
I couldn't think of any other reason why you would be posting info about how well the ER4 isolates. For that matter, why are you?
I don't realllly think it's of much relevance in this thread but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back