hd25-1 impressions thread
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #976 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]
The stock HD25 cable is not made of silver---but of steel.
wink.gif
[/size]

LOL, sorry mixed up the two. No ninja editing can save me now!
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #978 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't changes cables yet but I am planning on doing it soon also. I am just going to use one of the bigger full size senn cables.

Oh you mean the HD600/650 replacement ones? How much are they anyway shipped to US?

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #980 of 3,350
Okay, I have narrowed the choices of the cable to these:

Sennheiser HD650 Cable $20~
Headphile Senn V2 Blacksilver $100
Headphile Senn V2 Blackcopper $135

They say the HD650 cable will mellow out the aggressive SQ of the HD25, making it darker but smoother. The Blacksilver "opens up" the HD25 and extends further the highs, while the Blackcopper will smoothen out the highs but still retain the warmth. I do not know if these claims are indeed correct.

Could someone shed some light on this? I want to get the best cable that will improve the HD25's details and soundstage while smoothing out the high end. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #982 of 3,350
Hi, I also have problems deciding what to do with the cable.
I really don't want to spend more money on this, but I just can't stand the horrible steel cable, because I've never had such a microphonic cable. I have a few cheap headphones lying around, but this is just insane.
If I walk, the cable "rubs" itself and it's really loud... and I've already had to pay cca 240 USD (local price), because the shipping and taxes would be over 90 USD...

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #983 of 3,350
Hi, I have some questions regarding the HD25
Do the velour pads isolate less than the leatherish pads? If so by how much?
And what do you think about the difference in sound (the hole in the velour is smaller)

And, In the shop I bought it they allow people to open up packages to listen to them, mine was already opened before purchase, is it possible that someone made it sound worse?

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #984 of 3,350
The velour pads isolate less then the Vinyl ones by about 3 dB.

The velours are supposed to be more comfortable at the expensive of sound quality as you loose a little bass.

It won't sound any worse if its been auditioned earlier.

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #986 of 3,350
I have a question about the hd25. Do they have any kind of distortion/clipping that the lower end senns have like the px100 and even worse the hd238?

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #987 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question about the hd25. Do they have any kind of distortion/clipping that the lower end senns have like the px100 and even worse the hd238?

I've never heard HD238 but I have PX100 and hated them. I've punished my HD25, mostly used with iPod LO to SR-71A. With bass heavy Electronic music at high volume( 90+) I don't recall experiencing notable distortion...or clipping/begging for mercy. They can handle high SPL without getting ugly although I'm sure at this ear bleeding volume they were distorting a bit but nothing glaring.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #988 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard HD238 but I have PX100 and hated them. I've punished my HD25, mostly used with iPod LO to SR-71A. With bass heavy Electronic music at high volume( 90+) I don't recall experiencing notable distortion...or clipping/begging for mercy. They can handle high SPL without getting ugly although I'm sure at this ear bleeding volume they were distorting a bit but nothing glaring.

I agree to some extent, but with New Age Electronic with very low frequencies hitting really hard, they tend to distort a bit.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #990 of 3,350
I just got myself a pair of these.
For my first (serious?) headphones I am both impressed and extremely happy with them... They look great, I'm more than happy to wear them in public and the durability so far is more than impressive.
I just through them in my shoulder bag and off I go, just have to watch some of the dodgy kids at school so they don't pinch em. F-ckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back