hd25-1 impressions thread
Jan 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #931 of 3,350
I've listened to the HD-25 from a local meet, and I must say, it sounds exactly what I wanted. Bass almost as voluminous as the K518 with the improved depth and clarity, midrange and vocals are reminiscent of the SR80i and ESW9 combined (not too aggressive, not too lax), and the highs are not as sibilant as I expected, much like the Shure SRH 440. Surprisingly, soundstage is nearing the caliber of the HD 555 and AD 700, at least to my ears.

It is small and rugged in actuality, and doesn't have the clamping issues exhibited by my K518 when I put it on. All in all, I will buy this when I get to the States. BTW it was using the HD650 stock cables.

Picture:

Sennheiser%20HD25-1%20II.JPG

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #932 of 3,350
I agree my ES7's would hurt my ears after about 1 hour for some reason. I think it was the hard pad that comes with those. Anyway I heard so much about the clamping force on these and I don't think it is bad at all. I put the velour pads on and they are really comfortable to me. I think I am going to order the 580/600 replacement cable that still fits in the head band grove today.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #933 of 3,350
So guys, I came across a pair of HD25's right after I made a post in this thread, I gave it a try, listened to them continously, (also took rests in between listening sessions) and I think comfort level is a bit lower than I expected, not so much the clamp but more of the supra aural design, so I've decided to move on to circum aural but the sound was pretty much what I expected out of these Senns.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #939 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My link doesn't work for you?

Comes up with the words "Sorry the information you requested is currently unavailable." on the Sennheiser site for me.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #942 of 3,350
You can get it for 25$ directly from Senn.... all I am wondering is what is the best replacement cable to use from Sennheiser?

Is the coiled cable copper? Anyone know where you can guy the coiled cable in the US?

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #943 of 3,350
Quote:

Anyone know where you can guy the coiled cable in the US?

Evidently you can't. I made queries into this sometime last year, and they were only available overseas at that time, with Sennheiser refusing to import them. The HD25 coiled cables are, in fact, copper (for what good it does).

I believe you're better off choosing the stock cable for the HD650, which is thicker than the HD600/HD580 one you linked to...but ONLY if you have the skills to reterminate it with a 1/8" plug (assuming you want a standard 1/8" plug on it) -- otherwise you're stuck with a 1/4" plug on the end. If you lack said skills, then, yes, the HD600 cable is the best copper wire replacement available from Sennheiser USA.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #944 of 3,350
Ok so that is part # 092885 right? And its half as much money as the HD600 cable funny enough. I have a fair amount of soldering experience from my electric R/C car racing I was involved in for a while.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get this Pailiccs plug at? It is the best looking one I have seen around.

20085192325.jpg

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #945 of 3,350
Quote:

Ok so that is part # 092885 right?

Yep, that's the one.

As for the Pailiccs plug, check out this thread for some leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back