hd25-1 impressions thread
Jan 7, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #917 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey any suggested burn in time? Should I expect very much change?

Didn't notice any
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #918 of 3,350
I am very happy I bought these, I think I am going to get the 580/600 cable to replace the stock one. I don't think I am going to get a amp but that might change. They sound better than I expected. I had my first wow moment with headphones today. I never had that with the ES7.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #919 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will love them, roker. If you dig the D2000's these should complement your tastes nicely. I love mine.
biggrin.gif

They've been in my sights ever since I auditioned them with an ALO Rx portable amp. I just have to pace myself since I just got the D2000s, not to mention the uDac.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #920 of 3,350
Ok day 2 impressions.... I listened to them for about 4-5 hours last night and they have already leveled out a little I think. Or my ears are just adjusted to the sound the HD25 makes. They sound better and are more comfortable than I expected. I read a lot about the head camping force and it doesn't bother me at all. I even have a big head, I wear a 7 3/4-8 fitted hat to give you an idea. I love everything about them so far! They sound very good with everything I have thrown at them. Circa Survive, The Beatles, Coldplay, even some acoustic tap guitar albums like Eric Mongrain sound very good. I have slowly scanned through a wide variety of my music collection and I have been happy with how everything sounds. I have let several people give them a try now and I get "wow" every time. As far as portable goes I can't imagine it getting better than these. I think I am going to get some full size Sennheisers at some point to compliment these. But I am very happy with these. They crush the ES7 I started with. I might get the Fiio E7 depending on the initial reviews to go with these also. I am also going to order a new cable in the next few days. I don't know what else to say, in my limited experience these headphones are a perfect mix you can't find anywhere else IMO. I am sure there are better sounding headphone but I am not sure there is a better sounding "portable" headphone. Sound isolation is very good, you can still hear somethings if they are pretty load but unless you are looking for very extreme isolation these should work for you. I was a little surprised about the sound leakage but its still very minimal and unless you where in a very quiet room say sitting next to someone reading you shouldn't have a problem haha.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #921 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure there are better sounding headphone but I am not sure there is a better sounding "portable" headphone.

IMO Audio Technica ESW10s betters them in almost every way. However the HD25s have distinct sound signature that I like also: intimate (smaller soundstage), groovy (gets you foot tapping if the music is involving) and also like vocals with these. Perhaps a tad bass-heavy, but it suits some genres perfectly.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #922 of 3,350
At 4-5 times the price I can handle them being better. They must sound a ton better then the ES7. I sold them because I found them disappointing. Now after having these phones I am really surprised the ES7 gets all the positive comments it does. Anyway the ESW10s are sweet looking that is for sure I have never actually heard them. I am trying to decide if I want to add a custom wood accent to the housing of my HD25s. Anyone have any opinions on that? Do you think these would look good with some fancy wood added?

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #923 of 3,350
Okay, so I have been lurking around and I found the HD25's will suit most of my needs but the threads that convinced me mostly were quite a few years ago, are there any other headphones that offer the same kind of durability while being portable. Also are these really low profile enough to be walking around in them? I don't have much experience with headphones and I am frustrated with the amount of money I have spent on IEMs that cannot stand the abuse so I decided it was time to look for something else...

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #924 of 3,350
They are really good IMO,I haven't hears anything yet better then them.It really meant for DJ's therefore the durability is very high.
The headband connects to the outside of the cups, so no it is not low profile.
having said that, the cups themselves are not as big as some full sized headphones therefore you don't look like a crazy nerd
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #925 of 3,350
If you look on page 9 of this thread there is a picture of someone wearing them. They are very compact I think they are kind of cool looking to be honest. If you are looking for compact portable you are in the right place IMO evanlazlo.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #927 of 3,350
I have fought buying Senn for some reason. I think I tend to stray from the most mainstream brands subconsciously haha. Now I am thinking about getting an HD650 or something to go with these one day. Looks like I am hooked....thanks head-fi! Its all your fault my wallet is lighter now.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #928 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumient /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO Audio Technica ESW10s betters them in almost every way. However the HD25s have distinct sound signature that I like also: intimate (smaller soundstage), groovy (gets you foot tapping if the music is involving) and also like vocals with these. Perhaps a tad bass-heavy, but it suits some genres perfectly.

All this time I've been loving my Senns HD25IIs, I never understood what people meant when they said they were 'bass heavy'. To me they are completely normal, and everything else sounds 'thin', or hyped bass (Sony/Aiwa).

I just got my Grado 125s from a great guy on the forum here. This is my first experience with Grado. Now I know why Grado users often say the Senns HD25IIs are bass heavy
biggrin.gif

Bass is relative to where you're coming from..from which headphones you've come from...like temperature. If you live in 20C usually and suddenly it's -6C, then it's freeezzing. If you're used to -35C for 6 months a year, -6C seems quite tropical
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #929 of 3,350
Yeah I can totally picture what you are talking about. Isn't the bass nice on the HD25... I was just listening to As Tall As Lions and they have a lot of Bass and it was very clear and controlled. Let me say it for the 20th time, I love these headphones.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #930 of 3,350
If you like the HD 25 bass then you will love the HD 650 bass. Of course everything SQ with the HD 650 is better IMO. And yes, my HD 650 is bass heavy compared to 325i. They both serve a purpose for me. Different is good. I've always said that HD 25 do very little wrong for my tastes and in a great looking small package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back