hd25-1 impressions thread
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #661 of 3,350
For anyone interested in getting a pair of these they have refurbished ones going for $135 on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser Professional Closed Headphones - Sennheiser HD25-1II

I know they aren't the SP version as the seller(Dak) has those available for a lower price.

I ordered some myself and I'll tell you how they are on friday. I wasn't to worried about them being refurb since these senns are said to be quite tough, im not worried about them being in bad condition.

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #662 of 3,350
Every time I think about upgrading my headphones, I throw on the HD25-1s and the thoughts melt away. I thought I was going to miss my ATH-ES7s, but I really grew to love the HD25-1s after extensive listening. It's the ideal marriage of sound and portability, and the sound is so good that I actually find no reason to upgrade ever again.
frown.gif
They do so little, if anything, wrong for my tastes.

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #663 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time I think about upgrading my headphones, I throw on the HD25-1s and the thoughts melt away

I am amazed by what 2 years running in, HD650 cable, SP headband, velour pads + Graham Slee Solo amp do for these cans. I did some comparisons vs. a better amp and HD650s and what they lose in a little detail and refinement, they more than make up for in punch, liveliness and rendering dodgy-mastering listenable again.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #664 of 3,350
I want a pair really bad...... But not many ever show up in the FS section.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #665 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by winnston /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone interested in getting a pair of these they have refurbished ones going for $135 on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser Professional Closed Headphones - Sennheiser HD25-1II

I know they aren't the SP version as the seller(Dak) has those available for a lower price.

I ordered some myself and I'll tell you how they are on friday. I wasn't to worried about them being refurb since these senns are said to be quite tough, im not worried about them being in bad condition.

Got these awhile back and they've been great, no noticeable wear or tear and they're refurbished by Sennheiser themselves so it's pretty trustable quality wise.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #666 of 3,350
Thanks, but it doesn't look like they have any currently.

May 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #667 of 3,350
I wound up jumping on a pair of second hand Ultrasone HFI-780's here in the FS section, which were Mogami recabled. They're very very good. But I still may want to try the HD 25's since they look like they're a little smaller and maybe easier to travel with.

May 10, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #668 of 3,350
There have been about 3-4 pairs on the FS Forums in the last month of two, but they seem to sell pretty quick. I was fortunate enough to grab a new pair for $120 from a fellow Head-Fier who happened to live in Hawaii, so it was a sweet deal all-around. Just got a qusp Custom Senn Cable done with 22AWG Jena Labs Cryo/Cardas Connectors/Switchcraft Mini Plug. Although I'm still burning in the Cable, it sounds amazing straight-away & definitely takes these HPs to another level. Keep an eye out, as I just saw one a few days ago in the FS Forums. Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

May 10, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #669 of 3,350
Thanks Headphile808, I sure will keep an eye out in FS. I've also noticed how quickly the HD-25's go there! I probably would have jumped on a pair if any would have been available when I was ready to purchase.

May 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #675 of 3,350
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should sell mine...haven't used them in a while. My other headphones are keeping me busy... But I love them...but but...

Haha yeah I don't get why you have both the HD25 AND the esw9. Those 2 cans are like the top portables out there(esw10 aside of course-they are just ridiculously expensive) I thought owning one pair would be satisfying enough
biggrin.gif
, Unless you like portability that much.. By the way, what happened to the D10 vs Pico dilemma?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back