Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
May 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #242 of 384

Quote:
Hi, how about these? And these? :) Btw I don't care if they don't look real... Only if they sound real

The ebay link I'm not sure about, but your best bet is to stay away from any sellers from China, most likely are fakes. The other one is definitely fake, price is just too low.

May 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #243 of 384
Do not shop this kind of gear from Chinese guys..
They are scammers...

May 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #247 of 384
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake :wink: The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal,  if the fakes can sound this good!

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #248 of 384

It is 100% fake seller. It does not have  business address and uses EMS/DHL for shipping. You can be assured that they are based in Hong Kong or China.

Quote:
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?

http://www.kingspecssd.com/product_info.php?products_id=357&language=en

It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.

What do you think?

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #249 of 384

Quote:
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake :wink: The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal,  if the fakes can sound this good!

Okay dude.. that's just straight up weird.. It looks like a Mix between fake and real!! Wth?
Makes me wonder... Is Audio-Technica going cheaper? Or are Chinese copies getting better? Hmmmmmmmm...
Where exactly did you get yours from and how did the box look like..
idk im curious cuz check this out:

Fake:

Real:

Yours??? :

The wiring looks more sturdy then the original fakes but worse then the genuine. and you got those white padding rings ontop of your drivers that the fakes originally don't have and the genuine do. Hmmmmmmmmm

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #250 of 384
Alright people, first post here.

Just bought a pair of ATH M50's from soundprofessionals.com (Authorized Reseller). So I'm pretty sure these are legit.

Sorry about my tools haha

@ Monkeyape456, you seem to have a green board while mine is greyish with "gold" conduction. Also, mine has the ridges

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #254 of 384

Quote:
That is weird! There doesn't seem to be one specific sign to tell. If they are fake they're still awesome. Only complaint: notthat comfy for long time use.
Btw mine also has ridges!

They may still be awesome but the point is that you are perpetuating the black market which hurts all of us in the end. Its just wrong to buy illegal fake products marketed as real no matter what they sound like. But of course you can do what you want but I would never harm the cause by putting money in these criminals pockets just to save a few bucks. After all mine are real and only costs $90 brand stinkin new, just exactly how much are you saving?

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #255 of 384
hey Monkeyape456..
Mind posting more pictures?
I'm interested in how your logo looks like and how the head band part is sewed (there is a difference between real and fake ones)
But yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back