Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #226 of 384

Quote:
Nachiket.. what camara are you using? Those are some Hi-Def  pictures even if the resolution isn't so big... I haven't seen a camara with such clarity in forever....
And yes, they are perfectly real.. Same goes to Hosseinm, they are real.

Thanks eriktheg. The camera used is the Nikon D3000 quite an entry level SLR (SLR is to cameras what AUDIOPHILE quality is for Headphones I guess :) )

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #228 of 384

Hi,
     I think just looking at the price they are quoting, u can expect them to be legit. I say this because I know that the dealer price for the ATH M50 is upwards of $100. However, to make any business sense, he must sell a whole lot of stuff on such a small margin.

I would stay away from him for the following reasons :
1. Throw in $10-$20 more and u could get it from an authorized dealer(easily under $130).
2. The website looks unprofessional to me.
3. If at all u are investing >$100 on a headphone, u better be sure they r the real thing.
4. And finally, we do have documentary evidence that the fake M50 has arrived.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?

http://www.kingspecssd.com/product_info.php?products_id=357&language=en

It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.

What do you think?

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #229 of 384
I jut got a pair from addictedtoaudio.com.au, I actually went down to their office and picked them up in person. The thing is - theres no yellow warranty card, is this cause for concern? They sound ok but I've never owned anything other than $30 earbuds so I'm probably not the best judge...I mean they're not really mind blowing like I thought they would be... Should I be worried? this thread has made me really anxious lol.

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #230 of 384

Quote:
I jut got a pair from addictedtoaudio.com.au, I actually went down to their office and picked them up in person. The thing is - theres no yellow warranty card, is this cause for concern? They sound ok but I've never owned anything other than $30 earbuds so I'm probably not the best judge...I mean they're not really mind blowing like I thought they would be... Should I be worried? this thread has made me really anxious lol.

Do the only thing that definitively proves if your M50s are genuine or not: disassemble the pad / outer cover and check if there is a sticker on the driver inside. Takes 3 minutes, you just need a cross-bit screwdriver and non-bear hands.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #232 of 384
At this view, they look genuine. Also check if under the box it says the exact audio technica website and not some other website. If the website is the real website, and it says made in Taiwan, and it sounds good, then its legit.

Hey can you provide a picture with both drivers turned facing outward so I can see the logo side of the drivers?

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #233 of 384

Quote:
check if under the box it says the exact audio technica website and not some other website. If the website is the real website, and it says made in Taiwan, and it sounds good, then its legit.

Yep it says in 'made in Taiwan' on the bottom of the box, and audio-technica.com on the back.

Quote:
Hey can you provide a picture with both drivers turned facing outward so I can see the logo side of the drivers?

like this?

thanks for your help man, I appreciate it :)

May 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #234 of 384

Quote:

Thanks for the quick response Jerg. Heres the inside of them, Whats the verdict?

It's real. Case closed. Only real ones have the foam UNDER the internal cover, as well as the little sticker with '125B'.

May 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #235 of 384

Quote:
It's real. Case closed. Only real ones have the foam UNDER the internal cover, as well as the little sticker with '125B'.

Thats true.. but its nice to double check what the box says because from every chinese made replica, they usually have a made in china and a different website on the box to prevent people from finding it outs fake if they ever do try to register their product I'm guessing is why.

Lol the nice thing about the M50's is they are so easy to take apart to see the inside and so easy to put back together. A person that never dealt with such stuff could easily check if its real or not.

May 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #237 of 384
Bought from lovedream88 for US $85.99

Came in a blue box with a flap.

http://utopianbiskut.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ATM50-Box.jpg
similar to this one

It says made in Twain with audio-technica's website.

There's rattling in the left speaker :\ (bass wise). I think its either refurbished or a fake.

Shipping was horrible since he just kind of taped up the box and mailed it. So the box is dent. May of been damaged in shipping

Will post pictures soon.

May 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #238 of 384

Here's  a pic of the inside. Sorry for low quality, cellphone picture. Its same as Bassthor's  so I'm going to write  a complaint to ebay about it. Any advice before I do? Also, the left speaker is louder than the right. Poor build quality.  Screws were chipped....................

May 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #239 of 384
Just an update for potential ATH-M50 buyers  in the UK.

http://www.diana-jewelry.com/new-ath-m50-headphones-at-ath-50-m50-black.html?DiaJsid=0e1148a2ebd5cc6432df36ab7e342691

Selling for a suspiciously cheap USD $56.98

This is a China based company, and sell many other Sony, AT etc.. headphones for much lower than their RRP. I emailed them to confirm if their M50 was genuine, return policy and where to return (UK or China).

No reply, so I take they are fakes, so don't get suckered in . I bought mine off Amazon UK, from a seller which Amazon stocked them. For £124.99 next day delivery free with Prime.

May 15, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #240 of 384
There was someone who emailed them and asked before. They are FAKE.

Quote:
Just an update for potential ATH-M50 buyers  in the UK.

http://www.diana-jewelry.com/new-ath-m50-headphones-at-ath-50-m50-black.html?DiaJsid=0e1148a2ebd5cc6432df36ab7e342691

Selling for a suspiciously cheap USD $56.98

This is a China based company, and sell many other Sony, AT etc.. headphones for much lower than their RRP. I emailed them to confirm if their M50 was genuine, return policy and where to return (UK or China).

No reply, so I take they are fakes, so don't get suckered in . I bought mine off Amazon UK, from a seller which Amazon stocked them. For £124.99 next day delivery free with Prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back