Great headphones for under $100?
Jun 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 18
From what I know. Some of the best headphones to get under $100's in Australia are. . .

Superlux's Headphones.
AKG K430/K450.
AIAIAI Tracks.
V-Jays.
Sony MDR-V6
Koss KSC-75.

The top 3 that I am leaning to are, 

1. Superlux HD668b
2. AKG K430
3. V-Jays

I recently purchased the AKG K430 and they were ok, comfortable and portable. But I decided to spend another UK £15 and just get the AKG K518 which are far better. the sound and isolation are far superior, but a bit more uncomfortable. I just think go for AKG K518(K81) if you are considering K430.

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
The aiaiai headphones looks good.

Lately the AKG's K430/420 are high on counterfeits. So it's kind of hard to buy non-counterfeit akg's.

The CALS looks pretty damn good, but I'm more leaning to the aiaiai's headphones.

There isn't much comparisms between the aiaiai headphones to other headphones.
So...yeah.

I do have the Aiaiai tracks, as well as previously having Grado SR80. I also own the Bowers & Wilkins p5, the Sony XB700, and the koss portapro, koss ksc75, sennheiser hd215 and have tried the AKG 420s (which are pretty genuine at JB HIFI). Tracks are..  unique and I love them when moving about. They do very well on the road and sometimes amazes me with their ability. Eg: While at the zoo walking about, playing Aerosmith's Jaded, I was tricked several times and was convinced that the occasional cymbal notes came from beyond the zoo walls...    Also, at Bunnings warehouse, playing most live band music the headphones made it seem as if the concert was beyond Bunning's next shelf. I kept peaking around corners just to confirm that its my headphones, and that Dave Matthews isnt actually playing at the warehouse...     In comparison, no other headphone of mine were able to do this, not the Grados, not the P5. The grados however are better sounding, and the P5 i love, for their build and more neutral sounds.

Quote:
From what I know. Some of the best headphones to get under $100's in Australia are. . .

Superlux's Headphones.
AKG K430/K450.
AIAIAI Tracks.
V-Jays.
Sony MDR-V6
Koss KSC-75.

The top 3 that I am leaning to are, 

1. Superlux HD668b
2. AKG K430
3. V-Jays

I've tried the 430's and 450's at JB-HIFI, and honestly I thought the 420's sounded better, and were ALOT more comfortable and fit better, on me..  but thats just IMHO.

V-jays are decent, but the aiaiai tracks are better. HOWEVER! do try the C-jays..  they're pretty much the top ultra portable dog...

KSC75 are excellent, for their price of 15 dollars..  i got TWO for 25!!! lol  but as SQ goes, do not expect them to blow your mind away. They will not be able to match the Tracks, the CALs or the Jays...  or the AKG's

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:

I do have the Aiaiai tracks, as well as previously having Grado SR80. I also own the Bowers & Wilkins p5, the Sony XB700, and the koss portapro, koss ksc75, sennheiser hd215 and have tried the AKG 420s (which are pretty genuine at JB HIFI). Tracks are..  unique and I love them when moving about. They do very well on the road and sometimes amazes me with their ability. Eg: While at the zoo walking about, playing Aerosmith's Jaded, I was tricked several times and was convinced that the occasional cymbal notes came from beyond the zoo walls...    Also, at Bunnings warehouse, playing most live band music the headphones made it seem as if the concert was beyond Bunning's next shelf. I kept peaking around corners just to confirm that its my headphones, and that Dave Matthews isnt actually playing at the warehouse...     In comparison, no other headphone of mine were able to do this, not the Grados, not the P5. The grados however are better sounding, and the P5 i love, for their build and more neutral sounds.

I've tried the 430's and 450's at JB-HIFI, and honestly I thought the 420's sounded better, and were ALOT more comfortable and fit better, on me..  but thats just IMHO.

V-jays are decent, but the aiaiai tracks are better. HOWEVER! do try the C-jays..  they're pretty much the top ultra portable dog...

KSC75 are excellent, for their price of 15 dollars..  i got TWO for 25!!! lol  but as SQ goes, do not expect them to blow your mind away. They will not be able to match the Tracks, the CALs or the Jays...  or the AKG's

Wow! Thanks Wilzc.

I guess my top 3 now is. . .

1. Superlux HD668b
2. AKG K518/K81 (Over $100 in Australia, eBay)
3. AIAIAI Tracks/V-Jays 

Just a few more reviews reading and I might tackle one of these headphones down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back