Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ?
Nov 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 108
I looked at Phiatons, but they would have to wait until I decide to burn another 200 bucks on headphones. I just got Ultrasone HFI 780 which I totally love btw. I just listened to Wheel Of Time track by Blind Guardian on them and it totally blew me away. The soundstage is enormous, the sound is more detailed than SR 225. Btw I just sold my SR 225 to my friend for $150 and I'm not going to miss it. And I just bought Etymotic HF5 and Philips SHP5401 (which is really cheap but according to some reviews sounds awesome). So I should be good for now :) My hi fi audio hobby already cost me at least 6 grand for everything I have at home and in my car so its time to stop at least for now.

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #34 of 108

Quote:
Quote:
Finally, you will NEVER feel the effects of the EM field from your headphones.  It has no noticeable effect on your body, please don't try and make it seem like you know ANYTHING about physics as this is high school level stuff (grade 9).  

You might want to keep an open mind here. I have been using my Grados to cook food ever since my stove broke back in the summer of 1998.

My Sr80's can fry an egg, I use the 325i's to cook steaks and my wife used the RS-1's to bake a cake.

I am going to get a set of the hd800's this week. It's our first time hosting the holiday meal, and we are going to try to use those to cook the whole thanksgiving dinner, including dessert!

This is what I was LMAO about by the way!

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #35 of 108
God the ignorance in this thread (specially the OP) is astounding.

Take a freaking physics class or something. Read research journals and back up your health concerns.

Why would Ultrasone advertise like that? Well.... simple answer. To trick people like you. 
Just because a company or person advertises a product in a certain way does not in any way indicate that there is any truth in their words. They're there to make your money. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #37 of 108
Looks like the issue of EMF was already discussed here before 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/473894/health-issues-associated-with-prolonged-headphones-use-due-to-emf-pollution

And for those that consider themselves educated and others ignorant this a quote from Ultrasone site:

Within a research of 60 current headsets (1999 - 2000) ULTRASONE found out, that the average magnetic field emission of headsets is more than 1000 nT with a peak maximum of 2100 nT - on average. This is more than four times the maximum, recommended for computer screens in TCO '99

If somebody actually wants to repeat the research and measure the EMF of their Grado while cooking the eggs/brains please let us know. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #38 of 108
I don't consider myself educated on this topic. However, I do have the logic to do some actual research and not take words from a website that is trying to sell you a product that they advertise. That much I can see.

I got midterms so I won't be able to do some real searching, but if you like, you can start by reading about what EMF is, how electromagnetic principles in physics works, and also maybe do a little journal searching about the research on electromagnetic effects on mammals and humans.

For all I know I might end up to be wrong and prolonged exposure to headphones is dangerous, however at the moment people who are arguing the opposing side do not have actual evidence (and knowledge) to make a good case. 

Happy learning! 

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #40 of 108
If we all start wearing ultrasone's, you can forget ever making contact with extra-terrastrial life!!

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #41 of 108

Quote:
Looks like the issue of EMF was already discussed here before 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/473894/health-issues-associated-with-prolonged-headphones-use-due-to-emf-pollution

And for those that consider themselves educated and others ignorant this a quote from Ultrasone site:

Within a research of 60 current headsets (1999 - 2000) ULTRASONE found out, that the average magnetic field emission of headsets is more than 1000 nT with a peak maximum of 2100 nT - on average. This is more than four times the maximum, recommended for computer screens in TCO '99

If somebody actually wants to repeat the research and measure the EMF of their Grado while cooking the eggs/brains please let us know. 

You my dear sir are the biggest idiot on this site, sorry to say it and if this post gets deleted fine. You have fallen for what we like to call "Marketing stuff." Cause that's all it is, it's just stuff, it's not right it's worthless its basically garbage through the from of text on their website. You have convinced yourself( and here comes the part that's really gonna endanger this thread) the same type of marketing that gets people to believe that a power cable for their amp will be superior in some way to their own and that it will improve sound. Of course it's aocmplete bull, but they will say it to sell their $400 power cable. These are Marketing Ploys they are meant to trick you into thinking something to justify what you want to do. You have only yourself to blame for wasted money and stupid idea my dear sir, we tried to help, we pleaded with you not to cave. YOu had to let the marketing control you, you are now one of the sheep and should not be spouting your non-sense.

I motion this thread be deleted on ground that this is the worst thread of the month and is at detriment to the ignorant eyes of the newer people who join this site. But first I want to shake the OP's hand, cause without him I wouldn't understand how manipulable people REALLY ARE. Gives me great hope for my future now that he's opened my eyes on how to scam people out of money.

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #42 of 108
SoSpecial I will ignore your offensive comments and dare you to prove Ultrasone wrong, if you are saying they are wrong and can't prove why you know who is the idiot. If you don't have facts, you've got nothing except big ego and nobody needs to call you names to see how smart you really are. I work with electronic equipment daily for 13 years, including very low level electronics, so I have very good idea about electronics and physics. As a matter of fact I was part of the team that developed first DSL modem in the world, the technology that many people today using daily. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #43 of 108
I dare you to prove to me that there is no flying spaghetti monster!!

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #44 of 108

Quote:
SoSpecial I will ignore your offensive comments and dare you to prove Ultrasone wrong, if you are saying they are wrong and can't prove why you know who is the idiot. If you don't have facts, you've got nothing except big ego and nobody needs to call you names to see how smart you really are. I work with electronic equipment daily for 13 years, including very low level electronics, so I have very good idea about electronics and physics. As a matter of fact I was part of the team that developed first DSL modem in the world, the technology that many people today using daily. 

Here
If EMF had any real effect on Heat, or tiring( which in your case with the grado's I atribute to uncomforable pads +blocking of heat dissapation of the ears + the harsher sound of the music produced by many Grado's.)  then those headphones would have been recalled long ago. Those have the strongest  magnetic force available on the market today and the marketing for them highlights that in the VERY NAME OF IT! T1 = Tesla 1, one Tesla of magnetic force.

Do you need any more proof that this is completely marketing fluff? The fact that we don't have this huge epidemic  due to EMF should be proof, the fact that when you get in yoru car you are exposed to more EMF then any headphone driver could ever produce should show you right there.

It's either waste your money we can find you  a tin foil hat and a special place in the corner for the crazies and or ignoramouses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back