Grado sound, Bose comfort and Ultrasone S-Logic surround and EMF shielding to reduce 98% of emmissions. Does it exist ?
Dec 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #107 of 108
tbh, I believe we already beat this subject to death in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/473894/

I personally wouldn't listen to bare drivers
thalis.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #108 of 108

Quote:
The purpose of his paper was not to prove headphone emf was dangerous to the brain. And there is no real "warning" about emf by Ultrasone, just some info on emf measurements and saying there are some organizations that limit emf emission. I admit what Ultrasone says might make some people scared, but that is not really Ultrasone's fault. The fact of the matter is, there is still a lot of controversy on this topic, with experts on both sides of the fence, and Ultrasone presented both sides fairly which you would notice if you read what they say carefully. If you don't read it carefully, or you don't take responsibility to understand this health-related topic, then it is your fault, not Ultrasone's, and I find it really funny some people here are of the opinion that Ultrasone has no right to say what they want on this topic.

An analogy, people attacking Ultrasone for fearmongering is kind of like people attacking someone trying to interview others to get information on a crime as if that someone was accusing the people he interviews of committing the crime. No, Ultrasone does not say that emf are dangerous as a fact, they say that it is suspected to be by some, and that it is not expected to be so by others.

I'll say again, a lot of countries especially in Europe, believe in the precautionary principle. Unless something is satisfactorily proven to be safe, it is not given to the public. It's a lot less deadly than giving something to the public until it has been satisfactorily proven to be dangerous, during which time there may be much suffering and little recourse to the law.

There is no real "warning" becasue in doing so Ultrasone may face potential lawsuits. The dangers are implied though by their adverts. I think its irresponsible. Too many heath scams and tricks nowadays and especially with something regrading heaht, we should have people as informed as possible.

Also, like i said before the precautionary principle does not really apply here. EMFs have been researched to death. Now any scientist will tell you that there is no way to prove something overall, but there is overwhelming evidence and regulations regarding EMF limitations to or daily lives.

Now if new evidence pops up about headphones, that doesn't mean that people who said headphones are dangerous were correct. It means they just got lucky. Currently, with the avalibale evidence, the only logical conclusion to draw is that headphones, like any other electronic, fall within safe ranges for our daily lifestyle. Any other conclusion is at the moment illogical and without reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back