Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Sep 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #541 of 2,110

Great!  Good to hear.  From a Grado perspective, the HE-4 has lots of great detail. The HE-4 loves the juice!  Give her plenty and she'll sing all night long.  
tongue.gif

i guessing the lyr is capable of supplying some juice !

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #542 of 2,110
  i was very close to pulling the trigger on the rs1,or 1+, but as i haven't really heard anything high quality headphone outside of the grado family, and i've been wanting to
i just bought off the sale forum a set of ortho's (He-4's), the adventure continues

I'm a big believer in having other headphones around in addition to the Grados...just more fun that way :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #543 of 2,110

Until the OP responds, I think this might be some more material.  Also, on the You Tube site where the video is hosted, there is a link for downloads of the music.  Or, at least I hope I'm right with what I've found.  I'd also post the music download link, but it appears the site is blocked from where I work.  In Denmark, it appears the "ae" letters in a name are written a bit differently and are hard to search for at times via Google.  I used to attend school with a lot of Danish people.

Edit: I do believe I've posted the correct link as the same individual, Rasmus, also has a video review of the Grado RS1i that was completed a few weeks back.

Hey, yeah that link was spot on :D My album is being sold in a series of internet stores. It's on itunes, amazon and a lot of others i don't remember. If anyone wishes to too listen to some it i would very happy ;D Here's link to spotifi 
https://play.spotify.com/album/2Jn0qiWpAfhdA0gg2qd2gH
Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Symphony-from-the-Forest/dp/B00EU5OXYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378601871&sr=8-1&keywords=rasmus+kjaersgaard
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/dk/album/a-symphony-from-the-forest/id694907764?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

If anyone wants it, i can put a free download link up for the album in flac/wav/apple lossles or mp3 320kbps :) i understand if people don't want to pay for music these days, and i just want to spread the music as much as possible!

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #546 of 2,110

I'm a big believer in having other headphones around in addition to the Grados...just more fun that way :)

i got these from matt back over in georgia, and he got them in the mail today, so it shouldn't take long at all

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #547 of 2,110
  i got these from matt back over in georgia, and he got them in the mail today, so it shouldn't take long at all

Very cool...I really want to add an ortho at some point. I can't believe I've gone this long w/out even hearing one. 

It's kind of weird, but having a variety of phones seems to help me enjoy my Grados even more. If I only had the Grados, I'd always wonder what I was missing with other phones. So by having a few on hand that I enjoy, I can just enjoy the time I spend with each one. 

I seem to rarely hear anything about the HE-4, so let us know how it compares/contrasts with the Grados. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #548 of 2,110
I was just doing some price research on Ebay.  At the end of July, there was a RS1 (not the "i") that was used for less than 10 hours.  $270.00 as a "buy it now" price and free shipping was included.  I can understand that some feel the RS1i is better in regards to sound quality - and, I realize this is the RS1i thread too, but just had to point out a crazy price.  How could you not love it for that price?

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #549 of 2,110
  I was just doing some price research on Ebay.  At the end of July, there was a RS1 (not the "i") that was used for less than 10 hours.  $270.00 as a "buy it now" price and free shipping was included.  I can understand that some feel the RS1i is better in regards to sound quality - and, I realize this is the RS1i thread too, but just had to point out a crazy price.  How could you not love it for that price?

Yea...that would have been like stealing.

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #550 of 2,110

Very cool...I really want to add an ortho at some point. I can't believe I've gone this long w/out even hearing one. 

It's kind of weird, but having a variety of phones seems to help me enjoy my Grados even more. If I only had the Grados, I'd always wonder what I was missing with other phones. So by having a few on hand that I enjoy, I can just enjoy the time I spend with each one. 

I seem to rarely hear anything about the HE-4, so let us know how it compares/contrasts with the Grados. 

as for grado's, and other phones,the only thing i've heard, outside a couple of cheap models from other brands, is grado. i have been wondering what i've been missing so i plunged .
i asked mattTCG how would the He-4's compare to dynamic driver cans
his response "Most dynamic hp's cannot match the bass slam of a good ortho. It's also hard to compete with the instrument separation, sound stage of an ortho like the he-4"
i'll keep all interested grado heads posted !

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #551 of 2,110
Sep 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #552 of 2,110
  as for grado's, and other phones,the only thing i've heard, outside a couple of cheap models from other brands, is grado. i have been wondering what i've been missing so i plunged .
i asked mattTCG how would the He-4's compare to dynamic driver cans
his response "Most dynamic hp's cannot match the bass slam of a good ortho. It's also hard to compete with the instrument separation, sound stage of an ortho like the he-4"
i'll keep all interested grado heads posted !

I seem  notice more than a handful of Grado fans also have ortho's.  I'm one of them as well, although I plan on putting the GS1000i up against the HE-5LE at some point.  My objection to ortho's is they tend to need substantial volume to sound their best, a little louder than I want to expose my ears to for hours at a time.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #553 of 2,110

I seem  notice more than a handful of Grado fans also have ortho's.  I'm one of them as well, although I plan on putting the GS1000i up against the HE-5LE at some point.  My objection to ortho's is they tend to need substantial volume to sound their best, a little louder than I want to expose my ears to for hours at a time.

i'm not a fan of a lot of volume myself, i'm a 50 yr old guy, who's been around a lot of loud music in the past, so the hearing i have i'd like to keep ! lol

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #554 of 2,110
So tempted to order a pair of RS1. I enjoy my Alessandro MS1i a lot with rock/folk/acoustic and would like to upgrade to a pair of Grados. Shame the RS1 are so expensive over here 
frown.gif

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #555 of 2,110
  So tempted to order a pair of RS1. I enjoy my Alessandro MS1i a lot with rock/folk/acoustic and would like to upgrade to a pair of Grados. Shame the RS1 are so expensive over here 
frown.gif

I could mail a new pair to ya..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back