Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Aug 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #526 of 2,110
Quote:
10 minutes into listening tonight, seems like the PS1000 are sounding a little better, gonna have to give them more time. i really want to give them a chance, since i think they can sound great, they have potential, maybe they just have a long burn-in, i have been noticing less grain and brightness now. 

its not that the PS1000 are a bad phone, cause they're not, they just don't feel like they're worth the $1700 since the rest of the grado line is quite impressive already and at $1700, the T1, HD 800, LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-500, HE-5LE, TH-900, and just about every other flagship out there really are better all rounders and offer more impressive bass and coherency. also these have beautiful chrome cups, but the same crappy headband with the loose rods just like all the other grados, its more of a problem here cause of their weight.

and when compared to RS1i, RS1, GS1000, PS1000, RS2, and RS2i, the 325is really hold their own quite well. the 325is are extremely close when it comes to detail retrieval, in fact the 325is are some of the most detailed headphones in their price range i think, mostly cause of their treble, but umm i think the 325is come really close, the ps1000 just have more bass and soundstage, and a small improvement everywhere else, but the 325is actually come really close in performance with the upper grados. it was almost more of a preference rather than a "oh these are better, the 325is are clearly the cheaper pair". 

if the ps1000s can lose just a bit more of the grain and brightness, i think they would actually be a very good headphone, and one even worth keeping for their unique engaging experience, since the separation and detail over the RS1i would be nice. 

Based on what you're describing, I believe the GS1000 might be a bit "calmer" when considering the aggressiveness on the upper frequencies.  Additionally, the GS1000 will cost a lot less than the PS1000 and have the benefit of a lighter weight headset, too.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #527 of 2,110
Even though i think that the GS1000i offer a better price vs performance ratio than the PS1000, i would never go back to them. I feel that, aside from soundstage size, in wich they are similiar, the PS1000 improves on the GS1000i's sound in every aspect, especially when they're paired with a good tube amp.

As far as comfort goes, i think that the GS1000i are THE most comfortable Grados out there, followed closely by the RS1/2i.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #528 of 2,110
Aug 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #529 of 2,110
Well, regarding the rs 325is...I think they are amazing and I really enjoyed them. However, I chose to buy the sr 1i instead. The rs325is had great bass and just lovely detail but to my ears, the sr 1i are worth the extra bucks. Though the bass is more controlled, I heard perfect instrumental separation and more clarity. Bass is still there in a good way. I thought the sr 1i is more neutral which is what I'm looking for.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #532 of 2,110
  I love my rs1i's :) I got them on my album cover!

Nice.  That will probably be me some day.  Homeless.  A lantern and my Grado RS1i headphones. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #535 of 2,110
Nice album cover. Sold where?

Until the OP responds, I think this might be some more material.  Also, on the You Tube site where the video is hosted, there is a link for downloads of the music.  Or, at least I hope I'm right with what I've found.  I'd also post the music download link, but it appears the site is blocked from where I work.  In Denmark, it appears the "ae" letters in a name are written a bit differently and are hard to search for at times via Google.  I used to attend school with a lot of Danish people.

Edit: I do believe I've posted the correct link as the same individual, Rasmus, also has a video review of the Grado RS1i that was completed a few weeks back.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #536 of 2,110

Nice.  That will probably be me some day.  Homeless.  A lantern and my Grado RS1i headphones. 
biggrin.gif

LOL.....yea, me too.

But, I believe that is all I would ever need!

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #538 of 2,110
PS1000 has been returned, as soon as i have extra money, i shall re-join the RS1i club. these are still by far my favorite grado.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #539 of 2,110
  PS1000 has been returned, as soon as i have extra money, i shall re-join the RS1i club. these are still by far my favorite grado.

i was very close to pulling the trigger on the rs1,or 1+, but as i haven't really heard anything high quality headphone outside of the grado family, and i've been wanting to
i just bought off the sale forum a set of ortho's (He-4's), the adventure continues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back