Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Sep 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #106 of 2,110
While back, I decided to simplify my life by selling all my headphone and amps for one setup "to rule them all": the JH-3A (to be modified for my JH13pro).  But of all the headphones I sold, I missed the Grado RS1 the most.  So I repurchased the new Grado RS1i model.  Let me tell you the difference in the RS1i model vs the RS1 model (had the button version) is very noticeable. They have way more extended treble and detail and not just tighter bass but more of it that goes lower.  In some way I'm glad I sold the Grado RS1 because the Grado RS1i is definitely an improved better can. 

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #107 of 2,110

Quote:
While back, I decided to simplify my life by selling all my headphone and amps for one setup "to rule them all": the JH-3A (to be modified for my JH13pro).  But of all the headphones I sold, I missed the Grado RS1 the most.  So I repurchased the new Grado RS1i model.  Let me tell you the difference in the RS1i model vs the RS1 model (had the button version) is very noticeable. They have way more extended treble and detail and not just tighter bass but more of it that goes lower.  In some way I'm glad I sold the Grado RS1 because the Grado RS1i is definitely an improved better can. 

I wish someone could confirm the difference versus a buttonless RS1.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #109 of 2,110
The RS1is are more sensitve then the SR325is I owned.

Therefore D10 should be able to drive them easily.

I used to use my SR325is with the D4 at less then 12'o clock level.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #110 of 2,110
My fourth set of auditioned Grados, after the SR60, SR225, RS1 and second owned Grados after the SR225. They're very good - impactful (on the right music), fast and liquid, though I feel unamped they don't shine as much as the SR225. Or maybe mine, with some 80 hours on them, haven't opened up fully.
But as a purchase, I'm very happy with their performance, not to mention the looks I get in office :wink: - a nice side benefit.

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #111 of 2,110
Just ordered a pair, overnight shipping. Kinda exciteddddd
dt880smile.png

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #116 of 2,110
I'm digging them so far.  These are my first open backs, they sound so crisppppp.  What albums do you guys recommend I listen to with them?  I'm getting FLAC Gladiator OST right now because I love it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back