Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Aug 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #91 of 2,110

Quote:

At one time Rock meant Grado's,now all we discuss are the LCD2's

LCD-2 do most genre's equally well and some better than others. I particularly like them for vocals, jazz, and some acoustic. When it comes to rock, Grado is still King. 

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #93 of 2,110

Quote:
I understand your statement but what do you have to say about the pair performing miles ahead in one commonly listened to genre,ROCK.

Not a great deal, since I don't listen to a whole lot of rock music, but Hendrix is better on them than on my other headphones.

I still think they should be $600 though :)

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #94 of 2,110
I got my pair today from HK_sends.

The headphones have the beautiful Mahogany smell,I cannot believe that they smell so fresh.

The headphones are more dynamic then my SR 325is.
The highs are nicely tamed, the bass has more definition.
There is definitely more loudness.

The headphones look like some work of art, I need a nice woo audio stand for them now.

I have heard a few headphones so far, had never heard the RS1i's before,but they definitely surprised me.

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #96 of 2,110
iv been having a grado re revalation. with my sr325's  conclusions are thus. shiit where have you been all this time my little candy bones with that slight hug and tactile mesh pressed up agaist your ears joined with that relaxing of ear muscles with   that kline bottle like expansion of the highs leaving and receading into one awareness with that tactile vibration all tegethor now we smile and this is where the grados lay. a grounding into the bodys feelings  music cursess and swirls around your head in a most natural way.   i say re revalation because these things dawned on me before my german foray, t1, pro 900   but comming back to them after thourouly immersing my self in other cans is that  same old grado smile. i feel like the top woodies are not if but when but nahhh ill just wait and see.

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #97 of 2,110

Quote:
iv been having a grado re revalation. with my sr325's  conclusions are thus. shiit where have you been all this time my little candy bones with that slight hug and tactile mesh pressed up agaist your ears joined with that relaxing of ear muscles with   that kline bottle like expansion of the highs leaving and receading into one awareness with that tactile vibration all tegethor now we smile and this is where the grados lay. a grounding into the bodys feelings  music cursess and swirls around your head in a most natural way.   i say re revalation because these things dawned on me before my german foray, t1, pro 900   but comming back to them after thourouly immersing my self in other cans is that  same old grado smile. i feel like the top woodies are not if but when but nahhh ill just wait and see.

what.....the.....HELL! are you talking about?

Sep 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #99 of 2,110

Quote:
what do you want to know?

Did you miss the title of the thread? RS1i Appreciation Thread.

smile.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #100 of 2,110
Hi, I own a pair of 225i and I've been tempted by the RS1i for some time now. I've never actually heard them and I'm wondering if the upgrade in quality is worth the difference in price. Is it all about the wood chambers? Is there anything else (apart from the leather headband)? Different drivers?

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #101 of 2,110

Quote:

what.....the.....HELL! are you talking about?

After reading the related post, this gave me a good 5 minute laughter
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #102 of 2,110

Quote:
Hi, I own a pair of 225i and I've been tempted by the RS1i for some time now. I've never actually heard them and I'm wondering if the upgrade in quality is worth the difference in price. Is it all about the wood chambers? Is there anything else (apart from the leather headband)? Different drivers?

Thanks.

Different drivers, wood instead of plastic housing and a more refined version with better sound stage, bass/mids/treble, comfort, detail, etc...

I'm sorry you wallet had to hear this.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #104 of 2,110
For a long time, I was considering buying the 325is. But eventually I figured I'd just wait and save up the difference so I could pick up the RS1is instead. I'm still waiting on payments from clients before I can make the purchase. All these months of waiting are wearing a bit thin for me, though! >:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back