Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Mar 19, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,041 of 2,110
  No I haven't tried any RS1. Actually RS2e is my only Grado headphone
I am using a microZOTL 2.0 to drive my RS2e, the sound is really good, I just wondering if RS1i could go to a higher level.

I own the RS1i and love it!
Unfortunately I never heard the RS2e so I can't moment on their differences...but like I said the RS2e is very highly regarded here on the Grado threads so...

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2,044 of 2,110
No I haven't tried any RS1. Actually RS2e is my only Grado headphone
I am using a microZOTL 2.0 to drive my RS2e, the sound is really good, I just wondering if RS1i could go to a higher level.

Let me just say that I have owned my Grado RS1i for 2 years. During this time I have paired it with the HiFiM8 dac/amp, Meridian Explorer V1 dac/amp, Schiit Asgard 2 amp+PeachTree Dac-iTx dac, Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon amp+ALO The Key Dac, and lastly the Chord Mojo. Before the Mojo there were appreciable/notable jumps in quality of sound due to rig/source that could be made out with the RS1i. Prior to the moment I plugged my RS1i into the MoJo I could not believe that the Grado could scale any further up in sound quality or that any more layers of music could be penetrated but WOW, was I wrong!!! The RS1i turned into a musical scalpel slicing away veils that were hanging over my music previously unknown to me. This is accomplished without any unwarranted sibilance while seemingly flattening the mid-bass allowing for more sub-bass to shine through. With that being said I feel like the RS1i would be a wise purchase as I feel that it can scale well with whatever analog signal it is being fed from as you upgrade whatever part of your musical rig. Just my 0.02.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #2,047 of 2,110
  Hello everyone :)

I have the RS1i and RS2i.
I treasure these headphones like pure gold...

:)

I have come so close, many times, to purchasing the RS2i to compliment my Rs1i....maybe one day.... I find the Rs2i to be a headphone that places mids on a Golden throne and casts all else aside. 
gs1000.gif

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,049 of 2,110
  I recently picked up the (relatively) new GH1.
It's giving my RS1i a serious run for the money

In what areas do the GH1s best the RS1is in your opinion?

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #2,050 of 2,110

I've done a side by side comparison for an hour with the intention on buying the GH1's and didn't end up buying them. The GH1 does not best the RS1i's in anything in my opinion.
They are very close but the RS1i just feels more refined. Even the RS1i's bass is punchier, richer, but then my RS1i has 300 hours on them compared to the stores demo model.

I'm sure there would be someone that would disagree with me. :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2,051 of 2,110

I'm not quite sure yet...

GH1's have perhaps a slightly "tighter" presentation;
meaning slightly more coherent.
And perhaps a bit more impact.

But the RS1i's have better bass,
a purer, more extended and transparent treble,
and superiority in other areas as well.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2,054 of 2,110
Let me just say that I have owned my Grado RS1i for 2 years. During this time I have paired it with the HiFiM8 dac/amp, Meridian Explorer V1 dac/amp, Schiit Asgard 2 amp+PeachTree Dac-iTx dac, Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon amp+ALO The Key Dac, and lastly the Chord Mojo. Before the Mojo there were appreciable/notable jumps in quality of sound due to rig/source that could be made out with the RS1i. Prior to the moment I plugged my RS1i into the MoJo I could not believe that the Grado could scale any further up in sound quality or that any more layers of music could be penetrated but WOW, was I wrong!!! The RS1i turned into a musical scalpel slicing away veils that were hanging over my music previously unknown to me. This is accomplished without any unwarranted sibilance while seemingly flattening the mid-bass allowing for more sub-bass to shine through. With that being said I feel like the RS1i would be a wise purchase as I feel that it can scale well with whatever analog signal it is being fed from as you upgrade whatever part of your musical rig. Just my 0.02.

I am really glad I am not the only one who discovered the RS1i and the Mojo. I cant say enough about the improvement of the listening experience with the Mojo. I use it with my Macbook pro and my FIIO 5. I am thinking about getting another one so I can dedicate one to my Macbook and one to portable.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #2,055 of 2,110
I am really glad I am not the only one who discovered the RS1i and the Mojo. I cant say enough about the improvement of the listening experience with the Mojo. I use it with my Macbook pro and my FIIO 5. I am thinking about getting another one so I can dedicate one to my Macbook and one to portable.

Right on boyd32450!!! Ditto that!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back