Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #1,742 of 2,110

Let's all hold our breath....you go first
bigsmile_face.gif

listening to them now, ....... soooooooooo good

Congrats again! 
The Rs1 might not be the best headphone in the world, but it's certainly special! I've always missed it when I don't have one, so this time, regardless of how much I'm using it at the time, I've decided to not let it go... EVER! ......
rolleyes.gif

by the way, here's my new, j$ Grado headband!

Quote:
  I finally made the switch to my WA7 + WA7tp from my Little Dot I+ and all I can say is WOW. The clarity and bass control over my Little Dot I+ is astonishing. The soundstage has opened up incredibly and the treble is less harsh. Not even worth A/Bing. Just (lightly) tossed my Little Dot I+ into a drawer and put it up for sale. 

wow. you purposely hadn't heard your Rs1's with the Woo? That's great! It's like going thru the same great experience twice!
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #1,744 of 2,110
  I finally made the switch to my WA7 + WA7tp from my Little Dot I+ and all I can say is WOW. The clarity and bass control over my Little Dot I+ is astonishing. The soundstage has opened up incredibly and the treble is less harsh. Not even worth A/Bing. Just (lightly) tossed my Little Dot I+ into a drawer and put it up for sale. 

congrats...that should be a very nice upgrade.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,745 of 2,110
On my third day of RS1's .. Loving them. Even though not as bassy or punch y as rs2s i cant stop listening to music in them. Its just great. They are the lushest headphones I've ever had. Really enjoying them. Listening to Duke Ellington, Gershwin, and other classical. Just love these phones, they've inspired me to go down a musical journey road...any recomendations?

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,746 of 2,110
I can't recommend Fleetwood Mac enough with these headphones. You can just cruise the best of and the headphones really shine. Her voice and the simple, yet complex drums are pure bliss. Just wait until you hear the track "tusk" with these cans.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,747 of 2,110
[size=x-small]any [/size]recommendations[size=x-small]?[/size]

Try some Smooth/Lounge/Chill/Contemporary Jazz...the air between the instruments is incredible!
Listen to the group "Fourplay" their Cd's are recorded excellent!

Just wait until you hear the track "tusk" with these cans.

+1
Another excellent track to listen to is "Over My Head"...real nice micro detailed guitars/drums, and Christie Mcvie's vocals sound amazing, I listen to Fleetwood Mac often.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #1,749 of 2,110
I would go with their Greatest Hits (which is the title of the album) to start. They have quite a few different styles and it is a great intro

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,753 of 2,110
  Actually I did mean fleetwood mac but id be interested in hearing a good Fourplay, its not my cup of tea at first listen but I'll give it a solid shot if you can recommend something. fleetwood mac was definitely a good choice, really enjoyed that. 

Fourplay: "Lets Touch The Sky" Cd.
Even though this is not your cup of tea, you will appreciate the instruments/sound quality with your Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back