Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Mar 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #376 of 2,110
I don't personally own any Grados, but I just saw this RS1 on sale on eBay and thought I would share it here. SO CHEAP for an RS1... Hmmm..
LINK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-RS1-/261188303740?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cd0093b7c

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #377 of 2,110
it's an Auction and still has 20+ hours to go. Rs1's on eBay are going for $440(the cheapest I've seen recently) to about $500, believe me I know, I just bought a second Rs1(with Buttons) yesterday!
size]

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #378 of 2,110
Hi guys,
having the ps500 for about 2 month i think i am in love with grado's house sound. Ps500 for me it does not have that kind of sharp highs which i like, thou i still consider this is a bright can but sound is very good without being harsh on the treble. Very detail, airy and good music separation. Just love its timbre in overall music. Now..i want to consider to get RS1i for my small collection. Do you think RS1i would have a different kind of sound signature from PS500? Is it worh to get RS1i if i have already had ps500. What i am worried is that if the sound signature is much similar so maybe better for me to get other cans. What do you think guys? Thanks before.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #379 of 2,110
Hi guys,
having the ps500 for about 2 month i think i am in love with grado's house sound. Ps500 for me it does not have that kind of sharp highs which i like, thou i still consider this is a bright can but sound is very good without being harsh on the treble. Very detail, airy and good music separation. Just love its timbre in overall music. Now..i want to consider to get RS1i for my small collection. Do you think RS1i would have a different kind of sound signature from PS500? Is it worh to get RS1i if i have already had ps500. What i am worried is that if the sound signature is much similar so maybe better for me to get other cans. What do you think guys? Thanks before.
They said that it will only give you a more wider soundstage but other that their all the same.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #381 of 2,110
Quote:
Hi guys,

I've compared the RS-2i to PS500 in a shop over a few songs.
I thought they sounded different enough.
The RS-2i was brighter, less bass heavy.

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #382 of 2,110
Hi chris..actually i asked to both friend of mine at jaben. One of them he said rs1i is more better in clarity and detail. But with that the highs is also more peaky in comparison to ps500. That what makes me think again. The ps500 i think is far i can go for the highs (some tracks still a tad too hot for my taste but still okay)...but i am curious my self as i love grado's sound and thought that rs1i might has a different 'better' sound which worth to try....but i am afraid of its sharp highs.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #383 of 2,110
rs1i has very smooth highs, anything but sharp. i don't think you would have a problem with them unless you have a very bright/aggressive sounding setup.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #386 of 2,110
Hi chris..actually i asked to both friend of mine at jaben. One of them he said rs1i is more better in clarity and detail. But with that the highs is also more peaky in comparison to ps500. That what makes me think again. The ps500 i think is far i can go for the highs (some tracks still a tad too hot for my taste but still okay)...but i am curious my self as i love grado's sound and thought that rs1i might has a different 'better' sound which worth to try....but i am afraid of its sharp highs.

Hey,
My advice is try before you buy!
based on my admittedly short auditions of the RS-2i, I did not find it to be a sharp or overly bright headphone at all. I found it to be very clear and open sounding!
I've never heard the RS-1i.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #388 of 2,110
Welcome home little one, I've been expecting you...

Side by side with Rs2

Square posts

Ear pads have slits like the Flat pads

Side by side with the Rs1i

I bought them from the original owner which bought them back in 2004. No serial number, square posts, circular notch on the metal part where the cable rests. Heck even the ear pads were original!...which of course were already flaking apart and stuck to the wood. I spent the next 30-60 minutes meticulously taking them off(covered the drivers and the back of the headphones with painters tape while doing this) and then treating the leather headband and then the wood with the wax mentioned above. These pictures were taking before I did all of this...woops!

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #389 of 2,110
ooooh RS1 with and without buttons! 

and RS2! 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back