Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Oct 13, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #541 of 1,221

I dont think anyone could afford mars minerals. Earths minerals are pretty good though.
Quote:

I stand corrected 
o2smile.gif

Earth minerals as opposed to Mars minerals?

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #542 of 1,221
Here's my phisically comparison. Their bass is unbelievable for the Grado line, Another unique Grado.
Their colored & finished is similar to new SR325is and also a little ligther.
o2smile.gif

Mine is #234...

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #543 of 1,221

Quote:

Incredible? Are you kidding? So, it's merely overpriced instead of extremely overpriced. All of Grado's headphones except the SR-60 (heard them all) are extremely overpriced compared to headphones with similar sound quality. For example the RS-1 at $700 is not quite as good as the HD-600 and K-701 at $300. OK, I've never heard the PS500, but how can it be anything except a rehash of their existing drivers and housings? IMO Grado is one of the most horribly managed companies I've ever seen. They have far too many products, none of which (except the SR-60) is better than it's competitors, all much more expensive than the competition, absolutely zero innovation, horrible quality, and the most dirt-cheap production facilities. And they are twice as expensive in Europe. I cannot imagine why anybody buys a new Grado headphone. Really - anybody who does, please tell me why. It seems as if John Grado is constantly trying to see just how gullible headphone buyers are, but they never get it.

edit - I actually like some Grado headphones a lot. I've owned 3 of them. Just think every decision the Grado company makes is an insult to its customers, and they do absolutely nothing to advance headphone technology. Their good headphones were all made several years ago. Now they are like Taco Bell - put together the same ingredients in a slightly different way and call it a new menu item.

If you think that a K701 does rock even half as good as a 325i then I guess that is just your personal preference. 

Many would disagree, I have to hear anything that does classic or modern rock any justice like a good Grado.

LCD-2 comes close.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #544 of 1,221

Quote:
If you think that a K701 does rock even half as good as a 325i then I guess that is just your personal preference. 

Many would disagree, I have to hear anything that does classic or modern rock any justice like a good Grado.

LCD-2 comes close.

Actually with prog rock like Rush or Floyd, I can understand how one might prefer the K/Q701s.

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #545 of 1,221

Quote:
Actually with prog rock like Rush or Floyd, I can understand how one might prefer the K/Q701s.

True. I was thinking along the lines of AC-DC 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #547 of 1,221
I still would take equivalent priced Grado's over k702/q701's anyday

Quote:
AC/DC, Zep, Sabbath...Grados over K701s any day. Agreed 100%

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #552 of 1,221

Quote:
When is grado going to offer pads that don't need to be replaced by Sennheiser pads?

Send them a crate full of Sennheiser pads, but I can imagine they'll still manage to make them uncomfortable by  putting that hardened spit on them.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #554 of 1,221

Quote:

Send them a crate full of Sennheiser pads, but I can imagine they'll still manage to make them uncomfortable by  putting that hardened spit on them.

So happy to be out of hi fi audio and not investing into companies that could care less about comfort.  I wish Grado would prove me wrong and sway me back into hifi, let me design them a set of headphones and then give it to me for free lol...that is the only way I'll ever use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back