Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread)
Jan 21, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #63 of 722
i was going to buy from rholupat just a week or so ago, he had a set of gimbals and rod blocks, but i had to get a cable first
very reasonably priced

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #64 of 722
...just posted my review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/elleven-acoustica-ypsilon-driver/reviews/15063

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #65 of 722
Great review.
Which of the two do you fine more detailed and transparent or resolving? V6 or Yipsilon?

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #68 of 722

Thanks. I definitely prefer the more neutral and transparent.  I may try them. Replace my V6 driver them with Ypsilon.

How are your V6 mounted right now, and what cups are they in?

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #69 of 722
Their in rosewood cups with a strip of rubber adhesive but the adhesive is not that sticky. I can pull them out and in without much trouble.

Jan 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #71 of 722
  Their in rosewood cups with a strip of rubber adhesive but the adhesive is not that sticky. I can pull them out and in without much trouble.

If you can, try them in a cup that has a press-fit for them...no foam or rubber between them and the cup (this is hard to get sometimes, and I use thin strips of electrical tape if I have a hair's breadth to fill). 

From memory (my first V6 build was a pair of press-fit cups) this should make them more neutral. Not as neutral and transparent as the Ypsilon (again, from memory, could be wrong, and as always, YMMV), but more than the foam/rubber mount.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #74 of 722
If you can, try them in a cup that has a press-fit for them...no foam or rubber between them and the cup (this is hard to get sometimes, and I use thin strips of electrical tape if I have a hair's breadth to fill). 

From memory (my first V6 build was a pair of press-fit cups) this should make them more neutral. Not as neutral and transparent as the Ypsilon (again, from memory, could be wrong, and as always, YMMV), but more than the foam/rubber mount.

Are they (V6 and Ypsiolon) the same diameter. I'm thinking about switching the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back