Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!
Jul 30, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #256 of 597
Hey everybody - just wanted to post my first ever build! Big shout out to @fleasbaby for providing the wonderful black limba RS1 cups and Jaco from Nhoord Audio for the fantastic Nhoord Red drivers.

Other components include:
Stock Grado spring steel band and rod blocks
Turbulent labs black leather headband
Aluminum gimbals from Ebay (link)
OCC silver plated copper cable, litz braided
Oyaide 3.5 mm Rhodium-plated connector

I had a lot of fun with this project and I am enjoying these immensely! I did a concurrent Symphones build that was finished today, posting it on the Magnum thread if anyone is interested. The driver is the Symphones V8!

Pics:
20170729_160641.jpg
DSCF3900.jpg DSCF3902.jpg DSCF3886.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #258 of 597
@DavidA Thanks! And no, I did not. The holes drilled in the ear cups are large enough that when the screws are completely in, they don't make contact with the wood, so the cups remain a bit loose. Keeping them centered then hasn't been an issue for me. On my other build, I simply made adjustments in how far each screw was in to ensure the cup was centered. If it becomes an issue though I may have to throw on some washers, great idea!

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #259 of 597
Hey everybody - just wanted to post my first ever build! Big shout out to @fleasbaby for providing the wonderful black limba RS1 cups and Jaco from Nhoord Audio for the fantastic Nhoord Red drivers.

Other components include:
Stock Grado spring steel band and rod blocks
Turbulent labs black leather headband
Aluminum gimbals from Ebay (link)
OCC silver plated copper cable, litz braided
Oyaide 3.5 mm Rhodium-plated connector

I had a lot of fun with this project and I am enjoying these immensely! I did a concurrent Symphones build that was finished today, posting it on the Magnum thread if anyone is interested. The driver is the Symphones V8!

Pics:

Very nice build and beautiful cups... what were your driver numbers?

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #260 of 597
Very nice build and beautiful cups... what were your driver numbers?

Thanks! Driver numbers are #310517-008 (at least this is the number written on the box). Are people finding their are significant differences between batches based on the numbers?

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #261 of 597
@WoodyLuvr , since you are asking for driver SN: 031116-011 & 290617-007, both sound pretty much the same to me but since they are in different style and type of wood cups there are some differences.
031116-011: Mahogany wood, Rholuplat cups, a little better bass details but less weight than the other build, very subtle differences
290617-007: Walnut wood, Yew Wood Works cups: more bass weight and great details but the mids are slightly recessed compared to the other build, again very subtle differences.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #265 of 597
Does anyone know if the new G cush driver will remain 46mm in diameter?

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #266 of 597
Does anyone know if the new G cush driver will remain 46mm in diameter?

Thanks!
G cush driver? or do you mean G cushions keeping their shape/diameter? If so all of mine have remained quite sung fitting after 2+ years. I do wash mine once every other month and it hasn't changed them

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #267 of 597
G cush driver? or do you mean G cushions keeping their shape/diameter? If so all of mine have remained quite sung fitting after 2+ years. I do wash mine once every other month and it hasn't changed them

Sorry - I meant the dimensions of the new drivers from Nhoord that are designed to work well with G-Cushions.

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #269 of 597
Hey fellas, I've been a long time Grado-head who's done my fair share of SennGrados, Magnums, and just about every cosmetic modification you can to Brooklyn's finest, but this week I got to do something new. I've been hanging onto a pair of Nhoord Red's for a few months while I slowly procured some nice cups, gimbals, and headband to make a pair for myself (99% of the mods I do are for others). Finally got my reds into a new home:

IMG_7303.JPG.jpeg

IMG_7304.JPG.jpeg

Sounding great out of the MAD Ear!

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #270 of 597
Sorry for the 24 hour double post, but these things sound great! I'm very much reminded of the buttoned RS1, but with better extension at both ends! There are not many cans that will make me take a break from my PS 1000's, but for the last three days, these have been the only ones getting any head time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back