GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #661 of 1,160

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from Spyro.
Where would you sit the W4 with these two? Also, any idea if the DigiZoid Zo2 would give my GR10 a low end similar to the W3?
I still would say overall, technically the Grados are better. They just have a more natural, if a little subtle, sound. I always found the W3 would lose it a little when listening to bands who approve of distortion.
smily_headphones1.gif

With the slower acoustic vocal stuff I'd go with GR10.  With busier more complex stuff I'd take the W4

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #662 of 1,160
My GR10 are currently being checked for a fault. In the mean time I've been stuck with some substandard in ears that pack a low end punch my Grado's were missing. Its made me really miss the W3 that I used to own. I'm seriously considering a swap back to them. I keep thinking about their depth and sparkle and how exciting they were.

Yes, the GR10 is a pretty, reliable wife but the W3 is an exciting, hot mistress.

Due to the price difference I could maybe get a cheapish portable amp too. Would you recommended anything? ie Fiio E7 or SoundMagic A10. Maybe something similar?

Would they make a difference to my IEM?

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #665 of 1,160

Quote:
^Nope.  GR8 and GR10; although similar in some ways, but doesn't warrant itself to be in a GR10 thread.

no matter where I looked I couldn't find the GR8 thread lol.
All questions asking where the thread was, sale threads...and that's about it...could you point my nooby-search in the right direction?

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #669 of 1,160
May 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #672 of 1,160
+1 on a direct comparison by anyone who has tried both for a decent period of time

thanx.
Quote:
Since this thread is alive again, anyone compare the GR10 to the RE272? I've been really enjoying the RE272; it actually reminds me quite a bit of the GR10, but with less bass.

May 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #673 of 1,160
Quote:
+1 on a direct comparison by anyone who has tried both for a decent period of time

thanx.

Yeah, I've owned both...but not at the same time. I'd right now say they are my two favorite iems I've owned. Still deciding on the RE272...I could go with just a little more bass. And if I remember correctly, the GR10 had it. This is not the first time I've missed the GR10!

I tell you what though: I hate spending this much on an iem w/ a one year warranty. I just tried the SE535 again because of how good their replacement prices are; if a channel goes out after two year warranty period, the replacement is just like $80 or something. I'd love to see what the cost is for an out of warranty GR10 . If the GR10, had a two or three year warranty, or published replacement costs, I would have never sold it. A one year warranty keeps me from the GR10, makes me nervous about the RE272, and has kept me from customs. [Edit: just saw JH has a two year warranty, that's not bad...] If a custom was under warranty for 3 years, I would have gotten them already.

May 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #674 of 1,160
when i bought re-272 last september they had it with a 3-year warranty , and i expect them to honour their part of the deal if anything goes wrong with my 272

i am keeping it very protected though - better be safe than sorry

Quote:

Yeah, I've owned both...but not at the same time. I'd right now say they are my two favorite iems I've owned. Still deciding on the RE272...I could go with just a little more bass. And if I remember correctly, the GR10 had it. This is not the first time I've missed the GR10!

I tell you what though: I hate spending this much on an iem w/ a one year warranty. I just tried the SE535 again because of how good their replacement prices are; if a channel goes out after two year warranty period, the replacement is just like $80 or something. I'd love to see what the cost is for an out of warranty GR10 . If the GR10, had a two or three year warranty, or published replacement costs, I would have never sold it. A one year warranty keeps me from the GR10, makes me nervous about the RE272, and has kept me from customs. [Edit: just saw JH has a two year warranty, that's not bad...] If a custom was under warranty for 3 years, I would have gotten them already.

May 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #675 of 1,160
WHAT PORTABLE SOURCE PLAYER DO I HAVE TO USE WITH MY GR10 TO ACHIEVE GOOD RESULTS ?

now i have iriver T9, but i don't like the sound.
i thought GR10 will sound much better compared to my Sennheiser IE8.
but now i think that the Grado is a very hard to drive earphone.

what do you think ?
i mean, where is the low-end ? i know ie8 has a lots of them, but now compared to the senn, the grado has NO bass at all. ZERO :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back