Grado Fan Club!
Oct 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #5,266 of 65,633
Quote:

I posted this pic because i rememberd you said that you like to see the GS and PS1000s together,i usually take crappy pictrues but this one came out pretty nice.

sure did! 

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #5,267 of 65,633
Quote:
No, I don't own one of every one they produce, I have surrendered to the fact I will eventually end up with the entire family.  I only own 4 Grados right now, SR80i woodies, SR325i, RS-2 and GS1000is.  Gave my pair of SR60s to a friend in need a little while ago.
PS500s are on my "to get next" list.

My bad,i misread you're post,by the way,i think that the PS500s will be a nice addition to you're growing family,they certainly have a very different sound signature than the headphones you have,i hope you'll share you're impressions when you get them.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #5,269 of 65,633
Quote:

Unfortunately the reason that you're getting those very shrill highs (almost 'tizzy') is the G Cush.  If you're intending using the RS1i also with the G Cush, I'd say you're going to experience the same thing.

Not sure about how the Magnums would sound with G Cush - but maybe ask in the Magnum thread?  Also - anyone tried the PS500 with G Cush?  That may be a better option than the 325.

It's a pity that you can't stand the comfort on the bowls.  Bowls + 325i sound excellent to me ..........

Thanks, I'll give the bowls another try.  I have two captive ring piercing in the cartilage of each of my ears, and the bowls and flats just pressed too hard on them.  Maybe it'll be different now that they've healed more.
The G-cush with the distancers (ala the MS-Ultimate mod) should work perfectly fine though right?

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #5,270 of 65,633
Quote:

WOW stacker45 thats some sweet headphones and very impressive picture. I could only dream of taking a picture half that good. 

Thanks but that pictrue was an exeption,not the rule,i just bought a mint Marantz 2226B two days ago and i can't seem to be able to take a decent pictrue of the damn thing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5,271 of 65,633
Quote:
Thanks, I'll give the bowls another try.  I have two captive ring piercing in the cartilage of each of my ears, and the bowls and flats just pressed too hard on them.  Maybe it'll be different now that they've healed more.
The G-cush with the distancers (ala the MS-Ultimate mod) should work perfectly fine though right?

That 'should' make the overall sound a lot more palatable (less tizzy) - yes.  The one thing it will do is add a lot more space/air as well though.  You will lose some of the raw energy that you'd normally get with the 325i.  

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #5,272 of 65,633
Quote:
Quote:

That 'should' make the overall sound a lot more palatable (less tizzy) - yes.  The one thing it will do is add a lot more space/air as well though.  You will lose some of the raw energy that you'd normally get with the 325i.  

Where can one get distancers? Do they go in front of or behind the driver?

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #5,273 of 65,633
Oct 30, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #5,274 of 65,633
Oct 30, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #5,275 of 65,633
Quote:
Thanks. What an existential thread: "What is different? Everything and nothing."

I know that for a while, there were commercial options for distancers, do they still exist?

Unfortunately I have no idea.  I was going to go down the MS1 >> MS1000 track at one stage - then I got lost in the standard Grado mod thread, and ended up with my own little Grado nirvana ..... 325i with Cabillas fwj, Headphone Lounge headband, home-made Canare recable, and a couple of other tweaks.  Basically cured any desire I had to pursue the MS1000 idea 
wink.gif

Pic here - I think it's pretty sweet.  Ticks all the boxes for me anyway (although I've yet to experience an RS1i ...... ).

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #5,276 of 65,633
Quote:

Unfortunately I have no idea.  I was going to go down the MS1 >> MS1000 track at one stage - then I got lost in the standard Grado mod thread, and ended up with my own little Grado nirvana ..... 325i with Cabillas fwj, Headphone Lounge headband, home-made Canare recable, and a couple of other tweaks.  Basically cured any desire I had to pursue the MS1000 idea 
wink.gif

Pic here - I think it's pretty sweet.  Ticks all the boxes for me anyway (although I've yet to experience an RS1i ...... ).

what's improve changing the cable brooko? my next project is recable too, but with canare L2T2S... 
i'm planning using pailics for 3,5mm jack... any other option  that's suit better on grado?

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #5,278 of 65,633
Do you guys think the Grado 15ft / 4,5(and then some)meter extension cord would actually be a good purchase? Thinking of picking one up from a local fair as a little bit more movability around the room could be useful.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #5,279 of 65,633
Quote:
Do you guys think the Grado 15ft / 4,5(and then some)meter extension cord would actually be a good purchase? Thinking of picking one up from a local fair as a little bit more movability around the room could be useful.

I do.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #5,280 of 65,633
Quote:

I actually have 2 of them and couldn't be happier with them. I think for the price you cant beat it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back