Grado Fan Club!
Sep 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #4,381 of 65,639
Quote:
Welcome, JMD!  The 80s are fantastic little phones. 

Quote:
welcome esphynol jmd. i suspect this place will be your undoing.
wink.gif

Thanks guys, I never listen to any Grado before, I just bought it last two months ago without auditioned it. I just read from forum and curios about Grado sound signature. After all, I really love the bright and the forwardness!

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #4,383 of 65,639
Sep 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #4,384 of 65,639
Quote:
Hi, 
Please welcome me to the community. I have owned a Sr80i and I really like it. 

Welcome man,the SR80i are great hedphones,but be carefull,this hobby's addictive.

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #4,385 of 65,639
Hi,
I tried the grado sr60i and sr80i today at a local store and was honestly, underwhelmed.
Sure, it guess its generally better than most consumer, highly advertised, headphones but compared to my iem (VSonic gr06), it sounded more muffled, albeit the grado bass were more boomy.
I suspect that this muffledness could be attributed to the comfies, so I'm just hoping to confirm my suspicion with you head-fi-ers.
Does the comfies significantly compromise the sound quality of the grados?
Would modding the grado (bowl pads, felt thing, hole drilling, etc.) significantly improve the audio quality of these cans?
Or am I just one of those who dislike the grado sound signature?
FYI: I listen to mostly rock/metal like slash/avenged sevenfold, & so was pretty surprised I wasn't blown away by the grados

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4,386 of 65,639
Quote:
Hi,
I tried the grado sr60i and sr80i today at a local store and was honestly, underwhelmed.
Sure, it guess its generally better than most consumer, highly advertised, headphones but compared to my iem (VSonic gr06), it sounded more muffled, albeit the grado bass were more boomy.
I suspect that this muffledness could be attributed to the comfies, so I'm just hoping to confirm my suspicion with you head-fi-ers.
Would modding the grado (bowl pads, felt thing, hole drilling, etc.) significantly improve the audio quality of these cans?
FYI: I listen to mostly rock/metal like slash/avenged sevenfold, & so was pretty surprised I wasn't blown away by the grados

I read about the vsonics on headfi they got a good review the cable looks like igrado cable!

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4,388 of 65,639
Quote:
Hi,

Boomy bass and muffled sound? I have yet to hear a Grado that sounds like that....very odd. The Grados I have are very detailed and airy with a tight, crisp bass response. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,389 of 65,639
The only time my SR60s have had "boomy bass/muffled sound" is when I tried to compensate for their natural lack of bass with an EQ. They didn't respond very well to that. I wonder if the store had them hooked up to a source EQ'd by the teenage intern?

In natural form they were the opposite; sharp and clear but fatiguing.

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #4,390 of 65,639
Quote:
The only time my SR60s have had "boomy bass/muffled sound" is when I tried to compensate for their natural lack of bass with an EQ. They didn't respond very well to that. I wonder if the store had them hooked up to a source EQ'd by the teenage intern?

In natural form they were the opposite; sharp and clear but fatiguing.

I can see how they would be fatiguing for anyone who doesn't like a brighter headphone. I tend to prefer anything from neutral to bright on the top end, so I don't experience much fatigue from them at all. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #4,393 of 65,639
Quote:

Boomy bass and muffled sound? I have yet to hear a Grado that sounds like that....very odd. The Grados I have are very detailed and airy with a tight, crisp bass response. 

Agreed, my Grados are clear as can be. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I have not heard a headphone that exceeds the PS500 in overall sound quality.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #4,394 of 65,639
I'm still rediscovering my HP1000 now with flats,and i just finish listening to Patricia Barber's live 'Companion' on SACD,and i never tought that they could go so low and hit so hard,so far,i like what i'm hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back