Grado Fan Club!
Jan 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #1,756 of 65,629

Quote:
Yeah, know that feeling... but imagine the expense (not to mention the additional storage requirements).

I have about 350 cds, the rest is digital and the majority of that is lossy (WMA VBA 256-320 or similar... some lower).

Already spend more than is probably acceptable on music/equipment though.

Impossible, if it's worth it to you, it's worth it. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,757 of 65,629
Wife and baby might not agree though :wink:

Although a fun thing must be when your kid's old enough to start grabbing cds from the cabinet and playing them - looking forward to that.

Quote:
Impossible, if it's worth it to you, it's worth it. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #1,758 of 65,629
Well yeah i thought i could make a fun project out of it here's my plan

im a web designer and a computer science grad, so my plan was to add a project page to my perosnal website with the list of CD's on it and get my friends, family, twitter, facebook friends (people who actually care of course) to look in their local charity/record shops for anything on the list, update the list as i buy 

maybe even set a £5 limit per CD and see how far i get

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #1,759 of 65,629

Quote:
Wife and baby might not agree though :wink:

Although a fun thing must be when your kid's old enough to start grabbing cds from the cabinet and playing them - looking forward to that.

hah, with kids in the picture.. Very little is worth it anymore. I think I'd naturally funnel almost every dime into my child.. (luckily not planning to have any kids)

Quote:
Well yeah i thought i could make a fun project out of it here's my plan

im a web designer and a computer science grad, so my plan was to add a project page to my perosnal website with the list of CD's on it and get my friends, family, twitter, facebook friends (people who actually care of course) to look in their local charity/record shops for anything on the list, update the list as i buy 

maybe even set a £5 limit per CD and see how far i get

very cool idea!

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,762 of 65,629
I don't like limiting myself to buying electronics or CDs or books or anything locally. I generally do buy locally, anyway, because that's where the prices are best... But if I see something on eBay that I want going for cheap I'll try for it. Likewise with classified sites.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #1,763 of 65,629

Quote:
I don't like limiting myself to buying electronics or CDs or books or anything locally. I generally do buy locally, anyway, because that's where the prices are best... But if I see something on eBay that I want going for cheap I'll try for it. Likewise with classified sites.

I just like to support the local businesses. totally a personal thing

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,768 of 65,629
Used to be the same... there's this store in Bristol (UK) called 'Rise', which I loved.  Thing is, at the time we were renting a quite expensive (for us) apartment, and the guy downstairs used to listen to music so loud and so regularly that it made staying there highly annoying (actually bought my PX350s for the sole reason of trying to block out their sound).

A few months later I discovered that the downstairs neighbour making all that noise... was none other than the store manager at Rise.

So I had to boycott it and buy from Amazon instead :p

Quote:
I just like to support the local businesses. totally a personal thing

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,769 of 65,629

Quote:
Used to be the same... there's this store in Bristol (UK) called 'Rise', which I loved.  Thing is, at the time we were renting a quite expensive (for us) apartment, and the guy downstairs used to listen to music so loud and so regularly that it made staying there highly annoying (actually bought my PX350s for the sole reason of trying to block out their sound).

A few months later I discovered that the downstairs neighbour making all that noise... was none other than the store manager at Rise.

So I had to boycott it and buy from Amazon instead :p

we have two good record stores still in st louis (probably more than two, but two larger ones) and one of them is actually closing soon :frowning2:

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #1,770 of 65,629
God Vinyl is just one more thing I don't have the money for but totally want to go out and just splurge on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back