Grado Fan Club!
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,591 of 65,854

Quote:
Guys, I think I am getting ready to make a bigger financial commitment to get a particular sound. I can go as high as $500.00 and used is fine with me if I need to get used to meet my desired sound profile and budget.

Basically I am looking for Grado 325s with more extended bass, more extended treble, and less brightness which is the result of the lower treble spike, the 2kHz spike.  I have heard the 225s and the detail of the midrange is not on par with the 325s. Modification will not work for me; I am not a DIYer and the price of modification by a third party will put the phones out of my price range.

I do not want to give up the fantastic and exciting midrange of the Grado 325s, which is detailed, fast, present and tonally correct. Instruments and vocals within the midrange sound as they should. I am enthralled by how these headphones do the midrange.

I will be very grateful for all recommendations. If what I am looking for is not offered by any of the Grado phones, let me know. I know what I want and will go to any brand to get it. I still very much enjoying the 325s, and will keep them for now; I just want to get phones which correct what I view as deficiencies with 325s.

sounds like a pair of used RS1 is just what you need!

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #1,594 of 65,854

Quote:
You're free to. Quick tip, don't claim "Grados break in a day" because yours did and you're not interested in sending them in for warranty. It's not typical.

The best warranty is the one you don't have to use. $250 headphones should not break like this. That is unacceptable.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,595 of 65,854

Quote:
The best warranty is the one you don't have to use. $250 headphones should not break like this. That is unacceptable.

its ok if its a grado. i've sent every grado i've owned  back for warranty service at least once. its part of the grado club membership.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,598 of 65,854

Quote:
Then i'm no longer buying grado.

Unfortunate because my ms1 does what it does immensely well.

Unfortunate indeed because that's a Grado too with a name change
smile.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #1,600 of 65,854
Just wanted to update you guys.

I've had the PS500's for about two weeks now, and I absolutely love them. Granted, I'm not an audiophile expert and I've only owned the SR80s for 4 years before finally upgrading. But I'm really satisfied with them. Love the bass and the overall sound. 

The only gripe I have is that I sometimes wear reading glasses, and I found the stock cups pressed up against the side of my frames, which led to headaches. I switched to the G-Cushion, which were much more comfortable! But as you know, it gives the cans a larger soundstage. Which isn't so bad, but it does kick the bass back a tad bit. So trying to decide if I want to keep these on, or go back to the stock ones that came on it (which was a bit more of an aggressive style).  

But all in all, I'm just rockin' out! Been listening to a lot of Bowie, Rush, and Sabbath. Love the Bass on Ziggy Stardust. :) I'm really excited to try out the RS1s at some point. I plan on getting them sometime this year. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #1,601 of 65,854

Quote:

its ok if its a grado. i've sent every grado i've owned  back for warranty service at least once. its part of the grado club membership.

I'm still awaiting this day with my RS2 buttons, the Button models are said to be build better. Not sure if this a lie or what.

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #1,602 of 65,854

Quote:
 the Button models are said to be build better. Not sure if this a lie or what.

Not really true in every case. It depends.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,604 of 65,854

Quote:
Yeah, it is. It's also completely unusual. Again, stop bashing the headphones because you got a bad apple and don't want to deal with it.

Ok mr sr80s. You know what? I prefer to warn people that there is lemons out there. That way they can make a better informed decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back