Grado Fan Club!
Sep 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #1,036 of 65,644
Koolkat,
Welcome back then
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #1,037 of 65,644

Quote:
I got a 1 week ban after a couple of infractions. It's supposed to be lifted today, so don't worry about the status, lol.
Anyways, I was going to stop foruming, but I joined up on ABI and I figured I could balanced my time between working out, watching tv, and foruming
so here I am, five days after I said I would be leaving head-fi 
rolleyes.gif

@Wje I haven't tried the TTVJ flats, they're too expensive and I'm actually going to save up for a couple of months before spending money on audio again. 
@Chris Do the thicker cables harden over time? My laptop cable is pretty thick, and it hardens. It's pretty good to have around people who mindlessly step on wires, but it's really ugly :l 

I honestly haven't had them for more than a few months... I have an SR-125 that I sent into Grado for a "i" makeover, they only replaced the cable and drivers along with non "i" caps...

The RS-2 is a non-i model, probably has been in circulation for like 2-5 years... so far so good... it's honestly the thickness of my PC's power cord...

Dude yeah man you gotta get un-banned stat... you can't quit head-fi... theres too many people who don't make sense and you're one of the good guys lol

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #1,039 of 65,644

Quote:
I got a 1 week ban after a couple of infractions. It's supposed to be lifted today, so don't worry about the status, lol.
Anyways, I was going to stop foruming, but I joined up on ABI and I figured I could balanced my time between working out, watching tv, and foruming
so here I am, five days after I said I would be leaving head-fi 
rolleyes.gif

@Wje I haven't tried the TTVJ flats, they're too expensive and I'm actually going to save up for a couple of months before spending money on audio again. 
@Chris Do the thicker cables harden over time? My laptop cable is pretty thick, and it hardens. It's pretty good to have around people who mindlessly step on wires, but it's really ugly :l 

I honestly haven't had them for more than a few months... I have an SR-125 that I sent into Grado for a "i" makeover, they only replaced the cable and drivers along with non "i" caps...

The RS-2 is a non-i model, probably has been in circulation for like 2-5 years... so far so good... it's honestly the thickness of my PC's power cord...

Dude yeah man you gotta get un-banned stat... you can't quite head-fi... theres too many people who don't make sense and you're one of the good guys lol

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #1,040 of 65,644
My sr80i's are on their way. There is so much talk about grado's, that I couldnt help but get some, and see what the fuss is all about.

I hear the L cush with tape around them give more bass? Their 20$ on Amazon right now, is that worth it?
I saw a picture in another thread where someone had some wooden rings surrounding the foam on the inside of the headband. It looked funny, but it was intruiging none-the-less.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #1,041 of 65,644

Lol Chris, something went wrong with your internets. But I appreciate the welcome back guys, it's kinda hard to leave head-fi, lol. :)

@Chris How did you get them to get your Grados a new cap? I want the older non-i cap and there's a service centre somewhere in town, I wonder if they provide that kind of service.
@doghouse Word on the street is that the TTVJ flats really bring out the bass in your Grados. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,042 of 65,644
just to let you guys know, i am letting go my beloved SR325i either for the PS500 or the reference series. PM if interested, also posted on FS section.

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #1,043 of 65,644

Quote:
just to let you guys know, i am letting go my beloved SR325i either for the PS500 or the reference series. PM if interested, also posted on FS section.

Judas!!!!! <points finger>
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, hopefully either the RS2/RS1 or PS500 offers up more audio nirvana for you.
Still worth noting that there are a few long timers on here with pretty much the whole
collection who still feel the 325i does blues, metal and slide guitar the best.

I'm enjoying Ry Cooder's 'Paris Texas' soundtrack at the moment. Pure, desert like
twang goodness. Sounds great.

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #1,044 of 65,644

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, hopefully either the RS2/RS1 or PS500 offers up more audio nirvana for you.
Still worth noting that there are a few long timers on here with pretty much the whole

I'm enjoying Ry Cooder's 'Paris Texas' soundtrack at the moment. Pure, desert like

Meanwhile, on topic matters - my 325i is not going anywhere but my tax return (2 weeks
pending) will have a hard time avoiding the current GS1000i special down at Audiophile,
Melbourne.

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #1,045 of 65,644
I know I know, i love the sr325i to death especially with the G cush but I can't afford keeping 2 headphones at the sametime. Arghhh, i just really hope the upgrade will be a night and day difference, if not, I am gonna go back to my Sr325i right away..

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #1,046 of 65,644

Quote:
I know I know, i love the sr325i to death especially with the G cush but I can't afford keeping 2 headphones at the sametime. Arghhh, i just really hope the upgrade will be a night and day difference, if not, I am gonna go back to my Sr325i right away..

I said that too, until people started paying me in Grados LOL... couldn't let go of the little guys... also if you own multiples you notice that believe it or not, they sound different from each other. I'm not a gigantic burn-in believer beyond 10 hours, but either it's in the construction or they actually age over time

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #1,047 of 65,644

Quote:
I said that too, until people started paying me in Grados LOL... couldn't let go of the little guys... also if you own multiples you notice that believe it or not, they sound different from each other. I'm not a gigantic burn-in believer beyond 10 hours, but either it's in the construction or they actually age over time

This also perplexes me a bit.  The pair of 5 y.o. SR-80 Grados that I purchased a few weeks earlier sound amazingly good.  And, I'm making this comment before I install them into some wooden cups pretty soon.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,049 of 65,644

Quote:

The RS-1 I have on loan appears to be the classic semi-vintage. Where would a serial number be located?

My 325i has the serial no# scrawled on the plastic cup on the right side under the L-cush pad.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #1,050 of 65,644

Quote:

The RS-1 I have on loan appears to be the classic semi-vintage. Where would a serial number be located?

If you can't find the serial number, your RS1 is vintage.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back