Grado Fan Club!
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #1,021 of 66,008
No this one doesn't. My other pair of SR bought from mlantinen did, but I gave that pair to my friend.
And I thought the SR60 came out in 1995, but the seller said he had it since 1990....hrrrm..

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #1,022 of 66,008

Quote:
I fitted some TTVJ  flats to my SR-60i's today and I can't stop smiling; such a small upgrade for such a big difference in sound.

I have the TTVJ flats on my RS1i's and its a big improvement especially on the bass.
Olive HD Music server>>Balanced>>WooWA22>>RS1i re-cabled with Balanced Moon Audio Black Dragon cable with Furutech 3Pin XLRs>>  MULTIPLE EARGASMS
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #1,023 of 66,008

Still up for that meet? I NEED to try that :)
Quote:
I have the TTVJ flats on my RS1i's and its a big improvement especially on the bass.
Olive HD Music server>>Balanced>>WooWA22>>RS1i re-cabled with Balanced Moon Audio Black Dragon cable with Furutech 3Pin XLRs>>  MULTIPLE EARGASMS
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #1,025 of 66,008
Sep 23, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #1,028 of 66,008
is comfort really a problem for Grado's? I have used...well i have used every grado spare the HP1000's and I find them to be one of the most comfortable headphones pretty much ever.

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #1,029 of 66,008
The HD414 earpads are the most comfortable, imo.
If you haven't got them, you should. I've quarter-modded the hd414
pads but I don't reverse them since it's not very comfortable that way.

The comfies are bearable but the yellows are way softer. 
cool.gif

Quote:
I thought that at first but I then found I had to position them 'just right' and now they're as comfy as the standard pads.

Recently I've been doing a lot of listening in the dark and I've noticed that the stock Grado cables are way too long and heavy... 

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #1,030 of 66,008

Quote:
The HD414 earpads are the most comfortable, imo.
If you haven't got them, you should. I've quarter-modded the hd414
pads but I don't reverse them since it's not very comfortable that way.

The comfies are bearable but the yellows are way softer. 
cool.gif

Recently I've been doing a lot of listening in the dark and I've noticed that the stock Grado cables are way too long and heavy... 

I essentially agree with all that you've said.  But, I also think that it's up to each listener to determine what might or might not be comfortable.  Have you tried the flats yet?  Comfortable, yet provide better bass.

Also, why does your status say "Banned" and you're able to post?  I'm confused.  
confused.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #1,031 of 66,008
Koolkat is posting although has a banned status?
confused.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #1,033 of 66,008

Quote:

I own an SR-125 and RS-2 with the 8-conductor cable you have no idea what heavy is lol... the benefit is that if I'm stepping on the cable I'll know since my foot will be off the ground at that point LOL...

You can do a pretty sweet recable with 26AWG homegrown audio wire for less than 20 bucks including plug too

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #1,034 of 66,008

Quote:
is comfort really a problem for Grado's? I have used...well i have used every grado spare the HP1000's and I find them to be one of the most comfortable headphones pretty much ever.

When I first got my pair of SR80s, I found the stock bowl pads to be very uncomfortable & bought some yellow HD414 pads off eBay. I also followed the post on here about reshaping the headband for more comfort. Then after a couple months I got used to the bowl pads on my ears & like that sound better. So now I find them to be quite comfortable.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #1,035 of 66,008
I got a 1 week ban after a couple of infractions. It's supposed to be lifted today, so don't worry about the status, lol.
Anyways, I was going to stop foruming, but I joined up on ABI and I figured I could balanced my time between working out, watching tv, and foruming
so here I am, five days after I said I would be leaving head-fi 
rolleyes.gif

@Wje I haven't tried the TTVJ flats, they're too expensive and I'm actually going to save up for a couple of months before spending money on audio again. 
@Chris Do the thicker cables harden over time? My laptop cable is pretty thick, and it hardens. It's pretty good to have around people who mindlessly step on wires, but it's really ugly :l 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back