Grado Fan Club!
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #31 of 65,633

Quote:
I still own the GS-1000. I sold the RS-1 after owning them for years. They are very close in preference. The HP-2 is next level, but I like the "life" that the SR/RS/GS bring to the music. So, I guess I'm still a Grado fan 
gs1000.gif

The GS-1000 is a prickly beast, but the excitement and musicality is unique to only those phones. Let the other phones be accurate and technically correct. Let Grado be exciting and fun. 

Precisely! 

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #32 of 65,633
Another Grado fan here, I love my vintage RS1 with pink drivers
smily_headphones1.gif

The other Grados I've heard sounded a bit harsh occasionally, but not this one - almost as smooth as a HD650, but still forward and fun sounding.
Admittedly they do not get as much headtime as the HD600 (and now the T1), and they are clearly not on the same level as the T1. But they are still the best "fun-sounding" cans I have ever heard, and I will probably keep them until they fall apart. Which, hopefully, will not happen too soon.

Oh, and of course they also look great:

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #33 of 65,633

Quote:
I still own the GS-1000. I sold the RS-1 after owning them for years. They are very close in preference. The HP-2 is next level, but I like the "life" that the SR/RS/GS bring to the music. So, I guess I'm still a Grado fan 
gs1000.gif

The GS-1000 is a prickly beast, but the excitement and musicality is unique to only those phones. Let the other phones be accurate and technically correct. Let Grado be exciting and fun. 

HI there! Long time no see! I always enjoy your contribution to all Grado discussions.
It is also good to see some GS1000 love.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #34 of 65,633
hey guys, looked into my sr325is' chromies today and i noticed the driver was pink....could somebody enlighten me on this subject?

James

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #35 of 65,633

Quote:
hey guys, looked into my sr325is' chromies today and i noticed the driver was pink....could somebody enlighten me on this subject?

James

The pink drivers make things sound cuter... 
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #36 of 65,633
Quote:
tongue.gif

That description is quite accurate
biggrin.gif

I am not entirely sure, but I think the earlier Grados had pink drivers, newer models have white ones. At least this seems to be true for the RS1 (see the RS1 identification guide).
The pink ones are usually associated with a smoother, warmer sound while white ones sound brighter and more agressive. FWIR at least. My RS1 certainly does sound smooth
smile.gif

However I have no idea why your SR325is' have pink drivers, buffalowings. Cold be interesting to compare them to a "normal" SR325is and check if there is any difference in sound...

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 65,633

Quote:
Quote:
tongue.gif

That description is quite accurate
biggrin.gif

I am not entirely sure, but I think the earlier Grados had pink drivers, newer models have white ones. At least this seems to be true for the RS1 (see the RS1 identification guide).
The pink ones are usually associated with a smoother, warmer sound while white ones sound brighter and more agressive. FWIR at least. My RS1 certainly does sound smooth
smile.gif

However I have no idea why your SR325is' have pink drivers, buffalowings. Cold be interesting to compare them to a "normal" SR325is and check if there is any difference in sound...

looking through the mesh/silk material, there is something pink in there...

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #39 of 65,633
Hey guys, I'm a retired guy= not alot of cash but I recently purchased some used SR60's and I'm hooked..like big time!!!
So which model should I save for thats clearly a step up??? Think old guy on Social Security has SR60's and is digging them should I say OK I'm set
or save for a better model. I don't know how they could get better by the way...Thanks

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #41 of 65,633
Jan 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #42 of 65,633

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm a retired guy= not alot of cash but I recently purchased some used SR60's and I'm hooked..like big time!!!
So which model should I save for thats clearly a step up??? Think old guy on Social Security has SR60's and is digging them should I say OK I'm set
or save for a better model. I don't know how they could get better by the way...Thanks

If you're willing to mod them, I'd just keep them and pimp them out. It's not too hard to correct any faults and get rid of parts of the sound that are "weird". Of course, if you don't want to do that, I'd suggest the sr225, or if you're feeling really adventurous, just go straight for the rs1s. I don't recommend anything in between these models. The sr225i is a definite step up, but be aware that with about 20 dollars in parts, and a little DIY, could save you hundreds of dollars.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #45 of 65,633
So I should wade into the Grado SR60 mod thred and try some mods.....I don't want to make them brighter, A touch more bass would be awesome.....I'll save for the 225's...Hey Thanks!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back