Grado Fan Club!
Feb 19, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #64,337 of 66,280
I was listening SR325x a week ago, just for a moment because many headphones was on the list. In short, im not impressed. They are lacking sub bass and they clearly suffer for a lack of top end, its like highs are not existing. I dont know what happens right now in New York, but its not good. The best headphones in this day, was a T+A Solitaire P, incredible gear. Better than my D8000. But i left with Ultrasone Signature PURE, 150 Euro headphones. They just kill this Grado. Not just kill, just... KILL. They are killin many hi end cans with their sound, if you look big sound and pure power in headphones of course. So this is subjective and my choice, but lack of top end and sub bass its not subjective at all. In 300 dollars hp. I was liked Grado in the past. Whats wrong with them these days? Sorry this is propably my last stop here, im gettin off from this train. Goodbye. I must move forward. I see some things never change.

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #64,338 of 66,280
I was listening SR325x a week ago, just for a moment because many headphones was on the list. In short, im not impressed. They are lacking sub bass and they clearly suffer for a lack of top end, its like highs are not existing. I dont know what happens right now in New York, but its not good. The best headphones in this day, was a T+A Solitaire P, incredible gear. Better than my D8000. But i left with Ultrasone Signature PURE, 150 Euro headphones. They just kill this Grado. Not just kill, just... KILL. They are killin many hi end cans with their sound, if you look big sound and pure power in headphones of course. So this is subjective and my choice, but lack of top end and sub bass its not subjective at all. In 300 dollars hp. I was liked Grado in the past. Whats wrong with them these days? Sorry this is propably my last stop here, im gettin off from this train. Goodbye. I must move forward. I see some things never change.
Enjoy your journey, and while doing so, enjoy the music!

Leo

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #64,339 of 66,280
No sherpa is needed to scale this Gradolayan peak 🏔 ...
17530BDB-57A8-47FB-B262-C71C7DED4281.jpeg
[pitons are not required either]

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #64,340 of 66,280
Is anyone making nice "upgraded" versions of the F cush flats the same way BA and Nyczaj have their takes on the L / G cush pads?

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #64,341 of 66,280
Is anyone making nice "upgraded" versions of the F cush flats the same way BA and Nyczaj have their takes on the L / G cush pads?
Geekria “donuts” pads. Sorta between an F-pad and L-pad in terms of frequency response and soundstage. More comfy than F-pads due to thickness and compliance of foam. A good alternative for the heavy and bassy PS500e.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #64,342 of 66,280

Truly happy for you, not easy to get off — enjoy!

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #64,344 of 66,280
Sounds defective. Mine exhibit none of your issues.

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #64,345 of 66,280
I will say a grado lacking top end seems a bit suspicious. They're usually crapped on for having way too much top end. I don't own the 325x. But every grado I've ever used has been plenty bright lol. Including my 325i.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #64,346 of 66,280
If you want big, the G-cush pads are nice and large. Also the Beautiful Audio pads and Shipibo pads are very comfortable.
Got the Beautiful Audio pads today. Very, very comfortable as noted above!. I do like the sound very much. Richer sounding than my other Grado pads. Treble tweaked down a small bit (I guess I'm treble sensitive so this is a great result).

The owner was a pleasure to work with!!! I may outfit my son-in-law's Hemps with some of this brand. I gave him the Hemps, so he might as well get some more good Grado/Grado related gear!
IMG_1719.jpeg

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #64,348 of 66,280
Just to see what would happen, I put my G pads on my RS-2X.

Oh my. The sound was horrible. Completely castrated them. A DRASTIC downgrade in sound.

The G pads greatly improved my SR325X over the stock pads, but not on the RS-2X

I love the sound I'm getting with the stock pads. I was just curious.

You don't have enough power and/or EQ.

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #64,350 of 66,280
Nonsense.

OK, well my RS-2Xs with G pads sound terrible out of my phone with a $40 DAC, and fantastic out of my main setup. You can believe what you want to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back