Grado Fan Club!
Aug 27, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #62,521 of 65,852
You know what I think you might be right about that. Now that I think about it I don’t think my big Rs1-e box had any seal on it. Dang man if I were you I would explain the situation with your dealer and see if you can get your money back and use that on a pair you would be more comfortable with. + if you got rs2x and g pads you would have a ton of money leftover for music, accessories, tweaks or food or whatever else..
Gemordetes That GS3000x just for me, he doesn’t even have them on demo… so I can’t let him hang with an expensive headphone he has no use for…
First we’ll sort out the malfunctioning part, then I’ll decide on how to proceed. Yes, at the moment it sure looks like selling it, maybe via the shop…

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #62,522 of 65,852
Gemordetes That GS3000x just for me, he doesn’t even have them on demo… so I can’t let him hang with an expensive headphone he has no use for…
First we’ll sort out the malfunctioning part, then I’ll decide on how to proceed. Yes, at the moment it sure looks like selling it, maybe via the shop…
This is why whenever I buy headphones I always buy new.. to much of a risk.. people tend to not take care of things very well like headphones.. too much of a gamble for me.. sounds like it is more than consmetics that is the problem.. sounds like a nightmare.. well hope you can get it figured out..

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #62,523 of 65,852
Hello people, I am new to the audiophile world, I came across a video by Z reviews and then researched about it a bit and I feel like purchasing my first high end headphones. The music I listen to are mostly rock/indie/metal and hip hop. I now use Tidal hifi plus. I find Grado headphones to be so beautiful and since they also have a long history, i feel like getting my first one from them.

Should I buy the GS3000x? and if so what dac/amp should i use? I would like my set up to be as minimum as possible too. I heard that the cable is not removable, is that a problem? I like Grado because of the family run background and the appearance of the headphones.

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #62,524 of 65,852
Hello people, I am new to the audiophile world, I came across a video by Z reviews and then researched about it a bit and I feel like purchasing my first high end headphones. The music I listen to are mostly rock/indie/metal and hip hop. I now use Tidal hifi plus. I find Grado headphones to be so beautiful and since they also have a long history, i feel like getting my first one from them.

Should I buy the GS3000x? and if so what dac/amp should i use? I would like my set up to be as minimum as possible too. I heard that the cable is not removable, is that a problem? I like Grado because of the family run background and the appearance of the headphones.
Honestly I would get an entry level model and see how you get along with their sound signature… and if you really like it, then by all means go up the ladder as high as you want. In my personal experience, I get more than adequate sound and volume from a dongle off a phone so they don’t really need the advanced tech unless you like tinkering with tubes and what have you… you might get better results off a better DAC but in my experience you need to buy top dollar on a Dac to hear a real world difference.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #62,525 of 65,852

It depends on your budget
I have not herd the 3000x but would love too.I have listened to the 325x on rock/metal/indie and they are excellent.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #62,527 of 65,852

Since ‘rock/indie/metal and hip hop’ are your music preferences, you should seriously consider either Hemp or SR325x as your Grado entry.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #62,528 of 65,852
This is why whenever I buy headphones I always buy new.. to much of a risk.. people tend to not take care of things very well like headphones.. too much of a gamble for me.. sounds like it is more than consmetics that is the problem.. sounds like a nightmare.. well hope you can get it figured out..
I’m confident it‘ll work out, I’m not in a hurry and I still have my GH2.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #62,529 of 65,852

325x + schiit tube amp

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #62,531 of 65,852
Thank you everyone for your advice! I have noted down all your suggestions for future reference. My budget for the whole thing including the DAC/Amp would be $7000 Singapore dollars so that is around $5200 USD. I really want to bring out the best in them. I'm fixed on only getting flagship so the GS3000x will be what I get first. Need to hunt for the dac amp next. I will keep you guys updated 🙌

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #62,532 of 65,852
Thank you everyone for your advice! I have noted down all your suggestions for future reference. My budget for the whole thing including the DAC/Amp would be $7000 Singapore dollars so that is around $5200 USD. I really want to bring out the best in them. I'm fixed on only getting flagship so the GS3000x will be what I get first. Need to hunt for the dac amp next. I will keep you guys updated 🙌

I am not so sure the top model is really how to start with Grados. You have an impressive budget, you could as well work your way up the Grado ladder. A ladder which more often than not not only goes up but sideways.

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #62,533 of 65,852
My very recent experience tells me the GS3000x is not the simple, best choice Grado… I’d rather go for either the Hemp or maybe the RS2x

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #62,534 of 65,852
My very recent experience tells me the GS3000x is not the simple, best choice Grado… I’d rather go for either the Hemp or maybe the RS2x

Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean it's generally bad. Many seem to be very happy with them. Although as i said before i doubt they are the best way to start with Grado headphones.

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #62,535 of 65,852
Part of the fun of them is going up the chain.. for me anyways.. however it’s also fun to stick to the prestige series and know you got great phones for the money.. and just great phones. Period. if you get 3000x first it will feel mandatory to get their highest offering from the years coming here on out…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back