Grado Fan Club!
May 16, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #60,751 of 66,263
Does anyone have any good recommendations on a modder who can do a detachable cable mod for my RS1x?

May 16, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #60,752 of 66,263
The user’s handle is genesyndrome - not sure if he’s active on here anymore. Interesting in having the mod do by anyone though.
I know, there are a lot of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it - really not sure I trust my fine motor skills to not jack up my cans though.
If anyone has a guy that can do it, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

I watch this video. It's not easy even for a pro like him.

May 16, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #60,753 of 66,263
It's Hemp Day. Time for an outdoor shot. I'm warming up to the ZMF perforated pads - literally. :relaxed: I do like it. Gets a recommendation from me.

IMG_6179.jpg

May 17, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #60,757 of 66,263
Just spoke to someone.

He said..

Sold utopia, Emperyen, D8000, D8000P. Kennerton Thor, Sony Mdr, stax , Fostex th900

Grado gs3000e, RS2e and RS1x beat them all.

They just sound so fast and alive.

:ksc75smile: :k701smile:
Lol. You know I just acquired the RS2e and already I’m eyeing a gs1000e/3000e. My wallet hates me right now. Argh.

May 17, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #60,758 of 66,263
Stop buying. Enjoy what you have first.

Spend more time using them to listen to music than you do taking photos of them.

I make it sound simpler than it is, I know.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #60,759 of 66,263
Stop buying. Enjoy what you have first.

Spend more time using them to listen to music than you do taking photos of them.

I make it sound simpler than it is, I know.

No doubt. I've been listening to the RS2e for the last several days straight - it's just really that that good that it makes me want to go next level already, though I know I am good for now and at a great place. I'm trying to exit the hobby, and I am mostly all but done chasing gear, but damn if the Grado sound is addicting.

I understand the sentiment of UntilThen's friend who sold everything in favor of Grado HPs. I can totally see that.

Edit: Nothing wrong with just looking/keeping an eye out. LOL.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #60,760 of 66,263
No doubt. I've been listening to the RS2e for the last several days straight - it's just really that that good that it makes me want to go next level already, though I know I am good for now and at a great place. I'm trying to exit the hobby, and I am mostly all but done chasing and gear, but damn if the Grado sound is addicting.

I understand the sentiment of UntilThen's friend who sold everything in favor of Grado HPs. I can totally see that.

… being on a diet does not preclude looking at the menu 😋 and wishing 🫢 ☁️☁️

May 17, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #60,761 of 66,263
No doubt the speed of the RS1X is unmatched for me. And after a considerable amount of break in the headphones sound more balanced and sweeter.

It does make me wonder what the gs3000x would have sounded like if I had put about 100 more hours on them. I probably only put about 10 hours of use on them and I cannot say how many hours they had been used prior to my demo.

May 17, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #60,762 of 66,263
It's Hemp Day. Time for an outdoor shot. I'm warming up to the ZMF perforated pads - literally. :relaxed: I do like it. Gets a recommendation from me.

IMG_6179.jpg
Anyone try the Beyer perf pads on a 325x? I know the Hemp and 325x are similar, but I wonder if the Beyer perfs will deliver the same kind of sound that they do to the Hemp.

Thanks!

May 17, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #60,763 of 66,263
Anyone try the Beyer perf pads on a 325x? I know the Hemp and 325x are similar, but I wonder if the Beyer perfs will deliver the same kind of sound that they do to the Hemp.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the ZMF adapter inner diameter is too big for the 325x. It spins around freely so the fit is not good. This is the same with the small or large adapter because the inner diameter is the same. If the adapter can fit tighter, it would probably be interesting on the 325x.

I can get it on just to hear how it sound. I'll report back later.

May 17, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #60,764 of 66,263
No doubt. I've been listening to the RS2e for the last several days straight - it's just really that that good that it makes me want to go next level already, though I know I am good for now and at a great place. I'm trying to exit the hobby, and I am mostly all but done chasing gear, but damn if the Grado sound is addicting.

Once you connect with the Grado sound, it's hard to let go. One month after buying the 3 Grados, I have not regretted it.

May 17, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #60,765 of 66,263
ZMF pads on 325x is great ! Listening to Six Bladed Knife - Dire Straits.

Six Blade Knife ZMF pads will do anything for you. :k701smile:

In all seriousness, it's a great tonality with the ZMF pads. Listening to Highway Star - Deep Purple and the head goes bobbing away. Best done alone in the room at 2:13am in the morning. Walk down the street doing that and you will scare the living daylights out of the neighbourhood cats and dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back