Grado Fan Club!
May 13, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #60,706 of 65,611
I got a set off G pad from Ali express and they where a bit poor quality
My wife loves them
She has a small head and she places one of them on top of her head in-between the headband

May 13, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #60,707 of 65,611
I recently picked up a pair of sr60e new in the box for a bargain price.
IMG_20230421_095656.jpg

I am so far very happy with them and they sound very good running from my otl tube amp. I was just wondering if it is worth trying the g pads on them or is it likely to damage the sound. It just wouldn't hurt if they were a little more comfortable over long listening sessions.

Martin

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #60,708 of 65,611
IMG_20230421_095656.jpg
I am so far very happy with them and they sound very good running from my otl tube amp. I was just wondering if it is worth trying the g pads on them or is it likely to damage the sound. It just wouldn't hurt if they were a little more comfortable over long listening sessions.

Martin

May 13, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #60,709 of 65,611

My custom tube amp builder has a SR60X now after I advise him to get one. He use it to test for noise / hum in the tube amps. If you can't hear any noise with a SR series, you won't hear it in any other headphones because they are ultra sensitive and high efficiency.

May 13, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #60,710 of 65,611
IMG_20230421_095656.jpg

Martin
Its always worth at least trying some new pads. Thats like half of what we talk about around here 😜 The G cushions will change the sound some; whether that "damages" the sound is in the ear of the beholder. Added comfort level may override the sound change for you. Or not.

Personally I like the Nyczaj pads on my SR60e. Second to those I would go with the stock pads. I tend not to like the G cushions on models that weren't made for them. But TBF its been a long time since I tried that out.

May 13, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #60,711 of 65,611
Yesterday, I received back my GS3000x from Grado after they replaced its gimbal that had come apart (see photo), and it is back delighting me with both its beautiful sound and beautiful looks. This reminds me to share here my comparison to the GS2000e that I posted in a review on 4ourears.com:

What a wonderful 70th birthday present this was from my wife Ruthie, who said she was Never getting me another pair of headphones! The second photo shows them in their perfect form. Yes, that is a Chord Hugo with 2Go next to them…they deserve only the Best!
My favorite headphone I currently own. Will never sell them!

Leo

May 13, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #60,713 of 65,611
My custom tube amp builder has a SR60X now after I advise him to get one. He use it to test for noise / hum in the tube amps. If you can't hear any noise with a SR series, you won't hear it in any other headphones because they are ultra sensitive and high efficiency.
I don't get any noise as far as I can tell.
Thank you for your reply.

Martin

May 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #60,714 of 65,611
Its always worth at least trying some new pads. Thats like half of what we talk about around here 😜 The G cushions will change the sound some; whether that "damages" the sound is in the ear of the beholder. Added comfort level may override the sound change for you. Or not.

Personally I like the Nyczaj pads on my SR60e. Second to those I would go with the stock pads. I tend not to like the G cushions on models that weren't made for them. But TBF its been a long time since I tried that out.
Thank you for your advice I think I will give them a try. I don't think they are that uncomfortable they are definitely the most comfortable on ear I have had and strangely it's only one ear that gets a bit painful after a while. Like you say I won't really know untill I try them
Thank you very much

Martin

May 13, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #60,715 of 65,611
So interestingly I popped onto Amazon reviews this am and the first very detailed review said these are the loudest Bluetooth headphones on the market. Of course I have heard these bold words before but the same reviewer also mentioned the Ananda BT so he has at least sampled some of the best of the best for wireless. I immediately pulled the trigger. I’ve tried so many BTs HPs and they just never quite get loud enough to my taste always coming across as tinny to me. Hoping I might have finally found the end game for portables, it drives me mad my Focal Bathys has such sweet nectar sound yet has no balls.
Congratulations!!

They do get loud.

May 13, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #60,716 of 65,611
When Icon Audio HP8,
0A85B7AE-E197-42AE-8B2B-612D294350CB.jpeg
‘tubed’ with Sylvania ‘tall boy’ - “chrome dome” - angled T plate 6SN7s + Brimar CV455 (Footscray), drives
33E23CCE-0DE8-44FF-B4A7-C35F615AADD8.jpeg
“Music, sweet music is the queen of my soul!” [Soul Searching: Average White Band; 1976.]

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #60,719 of 65,611
Yesterday, I received back my GS3000x from Grado after they replaced its gimbal that had come apart (see photo), and it is back delighting me with both its beautiful sound and beautiful looks. This reminds me to share here my comparison to the GS2000e that I posted in a review on 4ourears.com:

What a wonderful 70th birthday present this was from my wife Ruthie, who said she was Never getting me another pair of headphones! The second photo shows them in their perfect form. Yes, that is a Chord Hugo with 2Go next to them…they deserve only the Best!
Happy 70th!
Damn those GS3000x are some sexy headphones. If I only had the money...

May 14, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #60,720 of 65,611

Beautiful headphones and Happy Birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back