Grado Fan Club!
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #57,661 of 65,636
First impressions about the RS2x just out of the box.

1 - It’s gorgeous! So much better than the pictures I saw of it. The marriage of mapple and hemp looks so natural, the colors are fantastic. Really impressed me.

2- It’s very light. Compared with the 325x and even to the 80x. Super light.

3- It’s confortable. I was shocked when my 325x arrived, it really hurt me - later got so much better.

4- I was expecting the X series signature, darker and with lots of bass. Not at all. It sounds a lot like the e series signature, wich I really love, classic Grado all the way.

5- Microdynamics are fantastic. It shows a lot! All my other Grados doesn`t show so much like this. I thought this was not possible.

6- Almost forgot, my second impression: this smells so good. Grado perfume! Like whiskey barrel wood. And it leaves this fragrance on you! :o2smile:

Very happy already, it looks so great, every time my eyes gaze on it I`m overjoyed. They really make this special.

It was very expensive for me, but feeling that I have obtained a truly classic headphone that will last for many years to come.

Let's see how it will develop the sound.

Welcome to the club :wink:

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #57,662 of 65,636

1 - It’s gorgeous! So much better than the pictures I saw of it. The marriage of mapple and hemp looks so natural, the colors are fantastic. Really impressed me.

2- It’s very light. Compared with the 325x and even to the 80x. Super light.

3- It’s confortable. I was shocked when my 325x arrived, it really hurt me - later got so much better.

4- I was expecting the X series signature, darker and with lots of bass. Not at all. It sounds a lot like the e series signature, wich I really love, classic Grado all the way.

5- Microdynamics are fantastic. It shows a lot! All my other Grados doesn`t show so much like this. I thought this was not possible.

6- Almost forgot, my second impression: this smells so good. Grado perfume! Like whiskey barrel wood. And it leaves this fragrance on you! :o2smile:

Very happy already, it looks so great, every time my eyes gaze on it I`m overjoyed. They really make this special.

It was very expensive for me, but feeling that I have obtained a truly classic headphone that will last for many years to come.

Let's see how it will develop the sound.
I'm waiting for a pair to end up at my friend's shop soon.

The scent is like whiskey?

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #57,664 of 65,636

Does RS2x have less bass than 325x?

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #57,666 of 65,636
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #57,667 of 65,636
Does RS2x have less bass than 325x?

Extremely less bass. It's a classic Grado signature. Wich I love, since I already have the 325x.

It's like a SR80e with a superlative finesse with everything.

I just took it out of the box, by the way. Very excited. It renders drums amazingly. Voices too - Thom Yorke and Caetano Veloso so present, never hear them this way before.

It's very Grado magic. :robot:

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #57,669 of 65,636
Anybody like Grado's IEM GR10e? Are they any good?

Also, what driver is being used in the GW100x?

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #57,670 of 65,636
Hey guys, new GW100x owner here. REALLY enjoying them sound-wise so far, but they're a little more clamp-y than I'm accustomed to with Grado cans. I suppose they're meant to be a little more "mobile"-oriented, and intended to stay firmly in place. Previous GW100 owners: can you stretch out the headband like on normal Grados? I'm not sure if it's a different assembly here (as opposed to the steel band) seeing as there's a wire implemented in the headband. Would appreciate any advice here!

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #57,671 of 65,636
Hey guys, new GW100x owner here. REALLY enjoying them sound-wise so far, but they're a little more clamp-y than I'm accustomed to with Grado cans. I suppose they're meant to be a little more "mobile"-oriented, and intended to stay firmly in place. Previous GW100 owners: can you stretch out the headband like on normal Grados? I'm not sure if it's a different assembly here (as opposed to the steel band) seeing as there's a wire implemented in the headband. Would appreciate any advice here!
Hi,
They felt a little tight to me also. It certainly felt like a metal band under the padding so I did a mild slow bit of stretching. Then one more time gently apart and they now feel quite good.

Maybe check with Grado or their retail online store Fouryourears just to be cautious.

The Joseph Grado Signature HP-2 has quite a hefty metal bar in the headband. To be meticulously careful in addition to exerting some real pressure at the same time. Toughest resistance to bending I have ever dealt with.

IMHO one must always seek best positioning of the the particular headphone, pads, ears and face to hopefully find one’s personal best performance and superior feel.

Of course the above would apply to all phones and I am sure I am just preaching to the choir here and that most I am sure consistently fiddle finding that magic spot.

Attachments

• 4484DA02-B4CB-4DEF-9D0E-0D32BBC6BEA0.jpeg
    4484DA02-B4CB-4DEF-9D0E-0D32BBC6BEA0.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ABFF90A4-FB83-40FF-B00A-210648F71A3E.jpeg
    ABFF90A4-FB83-40FF-B00A-210648F71A3E.jpeg
    760.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #57,672 of 65,636
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #57,673 of 65,636
Another thing that impressed me about the RS2x is how it handles with ease very complex, crowded and caotic moments in music. This is new for me, never saw before.
That was one thing what got my attention too, with Hemps! Hemps are my first Grados, i think i will someday get some other Grados too. Just loving Hemps all the way. :heart_eyes:
Yesterday i listened Neil Young's Dorothy Chandler Pavilion 1971 Live. What a trip.

Edit: Experiences of Heed canamp with Grados?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #57,675 of 65,636
Thanks for the comments. Tempted to go for the GS3000X…… 🙈
I have (or had) virtually all of the Grados. For ME, the 3000x are not only TOTL from a $$ perspective, but also from a sound perspective. I just put on the Hemps after listening to the 3000x for the last couple hours. With the Hemps I feel like I'm in the Front Row, or even sitting on the stage looking up at the musicians. Great for in your face rock and roll, blues, jazz, vocals. The 3000x seem to be a bit more refined. Larger 3D sound stage, noticeable improvement in Timbre, and in my opinion, same amount of bass, but tighter and better controlled. My thoughts only. You may hate the 3000x. Regardless, good luck in your journey, wherever that may lead...

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back