Grado Fan Club!
Jun 17, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #53,776 of 65,626
Been an interesting and enjoyable night. I broke out my cd collection and my trusty portable cd player after years of storage. After about 30 minutes of warming the cd player up everything clicked with my hemps. Sounds much more engaging than lossless and Tidal on my phone. I’m going to start collecting again.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #53,777 of 65,626
Been an interesting and enjoyable night. I broke out my cd collection and my trusty portable cd player after years of storage. After about 30 minutes of warming the cd player up everything clicked with my hemps. Sounds much more engaging than lossless and Tidal on my phone. I’m going to start collecting again.
If you ever go CD transport + R2R DAC, 🤪😄😄

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #53,778 of 65,626
Hello to all of you from a new member!

I am reading at Head-Fi already since some years but only today did register here.
Since I did buy my Grado GH1 some years ago (my first Grado ever), I am a huge Grado Fan.
And I really love this Grado Fan Club! thread here. :)

I am on my way to add a "big" wooden Grado now to my beloved GH1.
What I mean is that I want to buy a wooden Grado which comes at stock with the big G pads.

Fortunately, I can still get a new Grado The White Headphone from an official seller here in my country.
As I like this headphone from it's looks and it is cheaper than any other wooden Grado with stock G pads, I am wondering if I would miss anything with the White compared to the other wooden Grado headphones with G pads (GS1000, GS2000 and GS3000).

Can anyone give me some impressions regarding the sound of the White compared to the GS series?
I know the white is limited edition and so maybe not many of you own the White, but I still hope that someone did have the possibility to compare it to one or the other from the GS series.

Any information or feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance!

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #53,779 of 65,626
Hello to all of you from a new member!

I am reading at Head-Fi already since some years but only today did register here.
Since I did buy my Grado GH1 some years ago (my first Grado ever), I am a huge Grado Fan.
And I really love this Grado Fan Club! thread here. :)

I am on my way to add a "big" wooden Grado now to my beloved GH1.
What I mean is that I want to buy a wooden Grado which comes at stock with the big G pads.

Fortunately, I can still get a new Grado The White Headphone from an official seller here in my country.
As I like this headphone from it's looks and it is cheaper than any other wooden Grado with stock G pads, I am wondering if I would miss anything with the White compared to the other wooden Grado headphones with G pads (GS1000, GS2000 and GS3000).

Can anyone give me some impressions regarding the sound of the White compared to the GS series?
I know the white is limited edition and so maybe not many of you own the White, but I still hope that someone did have the possibility to compare it to one or the other from the GS series.

Any information or feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance!
Welcome to Head Fi and this thread

Here is a link to one review in case you have not seen it https://headfonics.com/grado-white-headphone-review/

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #53,780 of 65,626
Welcome to Head Fi and this thread

Here is a link to one review in case you have not seen it https://headfonics.com/grado-white-headphone-review/

Thank you very much for the really quick reply.

I did find a few reviews of the White Headphone and I like what I read in the reviews.
The review from your link I also did see but still thanks for providing it.
What I really miss until now is any direct comparison of The White Headphone with the GS series.

I would expect that it sounds similar to the GS1000e because I did read somewhere that it is based on the GS1000e.
But it still could sound quite different even if based on this model.
As the GS series headphones are all quite expensive (ok, that is all relative of course :wink:), I have at least for now no plan to buy multiple models and therefore would be quite happy to know how the White compares to the GS models regarding the overall sound.
If I will buy the White now, I probably will not buy any GS model in the near future.

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #53,781 of 65,626
Thank you very much for the really quick reply.

I did find a few reviews of the White Headphone and I like what I read in the reviews.
The review from your link I also did see but still thanks for providing it.
What I really miss until now is any direct comparison of The White Headphone with the GS series.

I would expect that it sounds similar to the GS1000e because I did read somewhere that it is based on the GS1000e.
But it still could sound quite different even if based on this model.
As the GS series headphones are all quite expensive (ok, that is all relative of course :wink:), I have at least for now no plan to buy multiple models and therefore would be quite happy to know how the White compares to the GS models regarding the overall sound.
If I will buy the White now, I probably will not buy any GS model in the near future.
…..Gr_adoration always starts this way…😏

Jun 17, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #53,782 of 65,626
…..Gr_adoration always starts this way…😏

It started in this very moment when I did put my GH1 on my head for the very first time :wink:
And "no plan to buy multiple models" regarding the GS series for the near future does not mean that I not already own multiple Grado(s) or multiple headphones of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The White or GS just should let the family grow :gs1000smile:
And the new one will for sure not replace an existing one. I will never sell any of my Grado headphones I already have now (except maybe where I have two copies of the very same headphone and possibly will sell one copy maybe still keeping the other copy of the same headphone model).

A Grado really is something special - but - to be a Grado Fan is also something special :beerchug:

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #53,785 of 65,626
So, I've seen a few in this thread recommend using a hairdryer to remove the kinks in the cable and to soften them up. Does that really work? My RS2 cables are extremely stiff & kinky...(for lack of better word, lol.)
On the old cables, yes, because of the rubberish outer sheath. Just do not want to hold the dryer too close or get the cable too hot because rubber does not take to heat very well. You just want it warm enough to massage the bend out basically.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #53,786 of 65,626
I searched and couldn't find a fan club for Grados in general. I have only listened to the SR80is and LOVE them. I love how these cans really bring rock to life. I hope to someday try some more high end Grados. I want to see how the Grado "house sound" changes throughout the line up.
I used to love Grado until the GS1000e and the GS2000e started falling apart. I tried to get some customer service from Grado but pretty hopeless. Ended up binning them. Won’t buy their products ever again.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #53,787 of 65,626
I started re-collecting CDs last year! I use a Sony blu ray player connected to my schiit stack and it sounds great

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #53,788 of 65,626
So, I've seen a few in this thread recommend using a hairdryer to remove the kinks in the cable and to soften them up. Does that really work? My RS2 cables are extremely stiff & kinky...(for lack of better word, lol.)
It will work as said already.
just be careful, low heat and take your time , if you keep storing the Same way they will come back though , I keep mine on a cupboard top with headphone stands then let them dangle freely down the back...no unsightly cables and nearly no bends.... more chance of winning the lottery than kinking the new cables...got to be able to bend before you can kink :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #53,789 of 65,626
I've had some time with my SR325x / G cushions and I quite like the sound. I haven't quite determined how different they are from the L, but the G are more comfortable with my glasses which is a big plus. Both are much better than the F.

I really love the SR325x with the Fulla E. Definitely one of my better Head-Fi gambles. I'd say I'm done with electronics for the forseeable future.:L3000:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #53,790 of 65,626
Batman approves of the new member of the family (even though they're not black...) :gs1000smile:

Attachments

• grado.jpg
    grado.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back