Grado Fan Club!
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #50,881 of 65,555
Feb 3, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #50,882 of 65,555
Beautiful! What did you use?
1E78A585-2893-42A5-9A46-FBC96ED4AC69.jpeg

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #50,885 of 65,555
Been on a bit of a journey of rediscovery and all that. Basically, my 325e have mostly been retired to the old headphones home, I won't sell them, after all Grado's are like family pets. Anyway, I bit the Roon bullet a couple of days ago, using the free trial, mostly because I've decided I want to use EQ, after years of pointlessly chasing bit perfect down rabbit holes. Well, wow! I've used some curated curves from an online source that a lot of EQers use, and set up all of my phones for the treatment. I also have a PEQ plug in for spotify that's easy to use as well. I can say that the 325e have a new lease of life, they EQ well, and now sound absolutely stunning. The upper mid harshness and grain has massively diminished, but without losing the detail and bite. The bass is frankly astonishing now, has a real sub bass slam that almost feels like there is a kick drum in the room with you. The Hemp responds well too, but not quite so dramatically.
For me, this is the best investment I've made in audio, and I can't see the need to go search for some super exotic planars (I had some dan clarks in mind). The range of SQ I get from my modest collection is a step up from factory standard profiles.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #50,886 of 65,555
Been on a bit of a journey of rediscovery and all that. Basically, my 325e have mostly been retired to the old headphones home, I won't sell them, after all Grado's are like family pets. Anyway, I bit the Roon bullet a couple of days ago, using the free trial, mostly because I've decided I want to use EQ, after years of pointlessly chasing bit perfect down rabbit holes. Well, wow! I've used some curated curves from an online source that a lot of EQers use, and set up all of my phones for the treatment. I also have a PEQ plug in for spotify that's easy to use as well. I can say that the 325e have a new lease of life, they EQ well, and now sound absolutely stunning. The upper mid harshness and grain has massively diminished, but without losing the detail and bite. The bass is frankly astonishing now, has a real sub bass slam that almost feels like there is a kick drum in the room with you. The Hemp responds well too, but not quite so dramatically.
For me, this is the best investment I've made in audio, and I can't see the need to go search for some super exotic planars (I had some dan clarks in mind). The range of SQ I get from my modest collection is a step up from factory standard profiles.
Sounds like you found another key to headphone happiness. Enjoy the adventure.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #50,887 of 65,555
Sounds like you found another key to headphone happiness. Enjoy the adventure.
Indeed, a massive door unlocked!
Got my son setting up a python script to try to generate setting for the PEQ for the yamaha mt5, as this isn't a pregenerated one available.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #50,888 of 65,555
ill have to give this a go now. never been into EQ because I use tidal. would love to here my rs2e's now.

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #50,889 of 65,555
What's that Spotify plug in ?

Lately in the office, I've been using my LG G7 with UAPP and a plug in called Morphit. You can select what headphones you have from a long dropdown, then select what your EQ target is, and away you go. Similar to your experience, it has breathed new life into my crappy old Ultrasones that were relegated to office duty. (Cant do open back Grados in the office :frowning2: Usually I EQ them to the Harman Target but sometimes I just f around and EQ them to something random just to see what it does.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #50,890 of 65,555
Feb 4, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #50,891 of 65,555
hey guys, new here but i was thinking of buying my first pair of grados. If I had the expendable income, i would definitely grab myself a pair of sr325x's, however i just cant justify that amount of cash right now :triportsad:

anyways, Im looking at a pair of sr80xs as they seem to be a pretty well liked option. However, I was looking at the sr125xs as well. Can anyone with more knowledge on these cans let me know what the differences are? I want to know if it would be worth the extra 50 USD.

Thank you :)

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #50,892 of 65,555
hey guys, new here but i was thinking of buying my first pair of grados. If I had the expendable income, i would definitely grab myself a pair of sr325x's, however i just cant justify that amount of cash right now :triportsad:

anyways, Im looking at a pair of sr80xs as they seem to be a pretty well liked option. However, I was looking at the sr125xs as well. Can anyone with more knowledge on these cans let me know what the differences are? I want to know if it would be worth the extra 50 USD.

Personally I think the SR60X and SR80X are great values.

The SR225X and SR325X are the next stops - not many have said much about the SR125X.

I love my SR325X, but I was lucky to get an amazing deal on them. :gs1000smile:

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #50,893 of 65,555

The SR80x is a no-brainer. If you love it, you can spend a great time with it knowing that the SR325X or others models are calmingly waiting for you. :wink: I love both of them for what they are and still enjoy using both.

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #50,895 of 65,555
i just put g cush on my GH1's for the first time. It's a different headphone now, don't know if i can go back to L cush. I really like the upfront presentation of L cush but G cush wins in all other areas.
Keep both! I do not own the GH1 but I do rotate F-G-L cushions on the Hemp and on the RS-1x. It’s like moving between Row F and Row M at a concert…😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back