Grado Fan Club!
Dec 23, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #50,207 of 65,938
And a family photo :)

GS3000e | RS-1x | RS-2x
Hemp | RS2e | GH2
SR325x | GW100 v2 | SR325

Really need to get a case for my original 325’s! Every time I order I forget.
Beautiful collection!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #50,208 of 65,938
I just got these for 110EUR incl. post. I just had to buy it, altough I don't really need (meaning I absolutely don't need) a new headphone amp.

But they are such beauties!

27BB762F-88F1-4A36-82B3-82B07B2EA71A.jpeg
AC or Battery powered? It does like Grado phones and they usually like it.

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #50,210 of 65,938
Well the two are quite different from my initial listen:

1x - warmer, detailed and full sound, mids are more forward in the mix. Very musical. Reminds me of the GH2 so far.
2x - little brighter, more detailed than the hemp, very clear and clean sound with good instrument separation, mids are further back in the mix compared to the 1x. Really good with instrumental tracks (like the RS2e)

That’s based on about an hour and half on each, will be interesting to see if that changes as they burn in / I get used to them.

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #50,211 of 65,938
Well the two are quite different from my initial listen:

1x - warmer, detailed and full sound, mids are more forward in the mix. Very musical. Reminds me of the GH2 so far.
2x - little brighter, more detailed than the hemp, very clear and clean sound with good instrument separation, mids are further back in the mix compared to the 1x. Really good with instrumental tracks (like the RS2e)

That’s based on about an hour and half on each, will be interesting to see if that changes as they burn in / I get used to them.
If you can, try the RS-1x with G-cushions…🤩

Dec 24, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #50,212 of 65,938
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #50,213 of 65,938
If you can, try the RS-1x with G-cushions…🤩
Definitely will be!

They’re cemented on my head at the moment, really beautiful sound with everything I throw at them.

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #50,215 of 65,938
What are these? They do look beautiful!
Grado RA-1 Headphone amp. They are long discontinued. Rather simply OP-amp based headphone amp. But! I also had 47 Lab stuff and they were also like...super cheap looking weird things. With exceptional sound quality I must add. I do think the Grado did the exact same thing that 47 Lab made later. I fact I am thinking about buying a Shigaraki USB DAC (if I ever find one) just to match with these amp. Bonsai audio! :) And I bet it would sound absolutely sublime with my RS-1 classic.

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #50,216 of 65,938
Grado RA-1 Headphone amp. They are long discontinued. Rather simply OP-amp based headphone amp. But! I also had 47 Lab stuff and they were also like...super cheap looking weird things. With exceptional sound quality I must add. I do think the Grado did the exact same thing that 47 Lab made later. I fact I am thinking about buying a Shigaraki USB DAC (if I ever find one) just to match with these amp. Bonsai audio! :) And I bet it would sound absolutely sublime with my RS-1 classic.
Omg... noo... you have just brought me down another rabbit hole... eBay alert has been set up!

Dec 24, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #50,217 of 65,938
Dec 24, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #50,218 of 65,938
These are a good approximation - I prefer them on my hemps, as they are slightly brighter upper mid and treble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TGCDHL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was actually looking at these but some people were saying it makes them more bassy witch I don’t want. Is that true or should I be ok with these? I’m hoping they wouldn’t sound any different than the F Cush. I don’t seem to care for the Original S Cush for
Some reason on the SR80s.

Dec 24, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #50,219 of 65,938
They're not identical to the F cushion, but the big change (although quite subtle) is in the upper mid and treble. The bass is just as punchy - if you want to reduce bass output from an F pad, then an L pad is a much bigger change to the tonality. Geekria's L pad is almost an identical copy of the Grado version.

At the end of the day, these are cheap enough to try them out, and if you don't like them you've not lost a lot. I bought every version of the Geekria pads to try them all out on my 325e and Hemps, and still change them depending on my mood and music.

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #50,220 of 65,938
They're not identical to the F cushion, but the big change (although quite subtle) is in the upper mid and treble. The bass is just as punchy - if you want to reduce bass output from an F pad, then an L pad is a much bigger change to the tonality. Geekria's L pad is almost an identical copy of the Grado version.

At the end of the day, these are cheap enough to try them out, and if you don't like them you've not lost a lot. I bought every version of the Geekria pads to try them all out on my 325e and Hemps, and still change them depending on my mood and music.
Interesting maybe I’ll have to just buy all of them then since that would probably equal to the amount of one real Grado f or g Cush lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back